Author: Committee on River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey, National Research Council
Publisher: National Academies Press
Posted on 2012-01-24, by LionFar.
|Title:River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey
Author:Committee on River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey, National Research Council
Publisher:National Academies Press
|Description:Rivers provide about 60 percent of the nation's drinking water and irrigation water and 10 percent of the nation's electric power needs. The multiple and sometimes incompatible services demanded of rivers often lead to policy and management conflicts that require the integration of science-based information. This report advises the U.S. Geological Survey on how it can best address river science challenges by effectively using its resources and coordinating its activities with other agencies. The report identifies the highest priority river science issues for the USGS, including environmental flows and river restoration, sediment transport and geomorphology, and groundwater surface-water interactions. It also recommends two cross-cutting science activities including surveying and mapping the nation's river systems according to key physical and landscape features, and expanding work on predictive models, especially those that simulate interactions between physical-biological processes. The report identifies key variables to be monitored and data-managed. It proposes enhancements in streamflow, biological, and sediment monitoring; these include establishing multidisciplinary, integrated reach-scale monitoring sites and developing a comprehensive national sediment monitoring program. Finally, it encourages the USGS to be at the forefront of new technology application, including airborne lidar and embedded, networked, wireless sensors.
Download River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILEPOST
- Ebooks list page : 17225
- 2011-10-27River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey
- 2017-10-24[PDF] River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey
- 2017-01-19[PDF] River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey
- 2013-07-28River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey (repost)
- 2012-01-19River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey (Repost)
- 2011-07-23River Science at the U.S. Geological Survey
- 2010-12-07A Research Agenda for Geographic Information Science at the United States Geological Survey
- 2012-01-28The Importance of Common Metrics for Advancing Social Science Theory and Research: A Workshop Summary - Committee On Advancing Social Science Theory: The Importance Of Common Metrics
- 2012-02-24International Science in the National Interest at the U.S. Geological Survey
- 2009-03-10Research Opportunities in Geography at the U.S. Geological Survey
- 2012-01-04Vision and Voyages for Planetary Science in the Decade 2013-2022
- 2018-02-01[PDF] River Science: Research and Management for the 21st Century
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Emerging and Priority Pollutants in Rivers: Bringing Science into River Management Plans (The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry) - Removed
- 2012-06-29ORGANIC SYNTHESIS The Science Behind the Art (Chemistry)
- 2012-03-26Emerging and Priority Pollutants in Rivers: Bringing Science into River Management Plans (The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry)
- 2011-12-31Science Fiction: The Literature of the Technological Imagination (Audiobook) - Removed
- 2011-12-11Islamic Science and the Making of the European Renaissance
- 2011-11-24Research at the Intersection of the Physical and Life Sciences
- 2011-09-28In Critical Condition: Polemical Essays on Cognitive Science and the Philosophy of Mind (Representation and Mind)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.