Posted on 2010-07-25. By anonymous.
I resisted reading Robert LudlumæŠ¯ books up to two years ago: -
On the Gold Coast two years ago, staying with Son Two and his wife. The weather was terrible and cold, with nothing to do. Picking up the Bourne Identity, I literally finished before going to sleep that night.
The other two books of the Bourne trio were there and within the two week stay I had read all three. I Thoroughly enjoyed all three of them. Have since read say twenty of his 29 published books. He was a prolific writer enjoyed by millions of people.
He died leaving several titles, which other authors have run with and co-authored in both Names. The Bourne Betrayal by Eric Van Lustbader:
The Hades Factor by Gayle Lyndes
? Books by Robert Ludlum (Bibliography)
Robert Ludlum (May 25, 1927 New York City - March 12, 2001 Naples, Florida) was an American author of 29 thriller novels. There are more than 210 million of his books in print, and they have been translated into 32 languages. He passed away in 2001, allegedly leaving behind several unpublished manuscripts and rough outlines, which continue to be dusted off and published with the help of ghostwriters. This is a testament to his continued popularity.
Ludlum was once a theatrical actor and producer, and showed an intimate understanding of the energy, escapism and action that the public wanted to see in a novel. He once remarked: "I equate suspense and good theatre in a very similar way. I think it's all suspense and what-happens-next. From that point of view, yes, I guess, I am theatrical."
His stories typically feature one man or a small group of individuals up against powerful adversaries capable of using political and economic machinery in frightening ways. Ludlum's vision of the world is one where global corporations, shadowy military forces and government organizations conspire to undermine the status quo. With the exception of occasional gaps in his knowledge of firearms, his novels are meticulously researched, replete with technical, physical and biological details, including research on amnesia for The Bourne Identity.
Despite his success, Ludlum has never received the acclaim found by other writers of the genre, such as John Le Carre. Critics dislike his use of italics, short sentences, exclamation marks, dashes and other techniques, and found fault with his abundant melodrama, simplistic characters and limited psychological development.
However, it was Ludlum who first wrote the thriller in the modern style that we know today, setting the stage for writers such as David Morrell and Gayle Lynds. He popularized the notion of American and Soviet intelligence operatives working together, and the CIA conducting illegal operations on American soil. Both premises, once derided as being fictional, are now accepted as fact.
Some of Ludlum's novels have been made into films and mini-series, including The Osterman Weekend, The Holcroft Covenant, Apocalypse Watch, The Bourne Identity, and The Bourne Supremacy. The Bourne series, starring Matt Damon, has been very successful commercially and critically, despite departing significantly from the source material.
Mr. Ludlum passed away in March, 2001
1. The Matarese Circle (1979)
2. The Matarese Countdown (1997)
1. The Bourne Identity (1980)
2. The Bourne Supremacy (1986)
3. The Bourne Ultimatum (1990)
The Bourne Trilogy (omnibus) (2003)
4. The Bourne Legacy (2004) (with Eric Van Lustbader)
5. The Bourne Betrayal (2007) (with Eric Van Lustbader)
1. The Hades Factor (2000) (with Gayle Lynds)
2. The Cassandra Compact (2001) (with Philip Shelby)
3. The Paris Option (2002) (with Gayle Lynds)
4. The Altman Code (2003) (with Gayle Lynds)
5. The Lazarus Vendetta (2004) (with Patrick Larkin)
6. The Moscow Vector (2005) (with Keith Farrell, Patrick Larkin)
The Arctic Event (2007) (with James H Cobb)
The Scarlatti Inheritance (1970)
The Osterman Weekend (1972)
The Matlock Paper (1973)
Trevayne (1973) (writing as Jonathan Ryder)
The Rhinemann Exchange (1974)
The Cry of the Halidon (1974) (writing as Jonathan Ryder)
The Gemini Contenders (1976)
The Chancellor Manuscript (1977)
The Holcroft Covenant (1978)
The Parsifal Mosaic (1982)
The Aquitaine Progression (1984)
The Icarus Agenda (1988)
The Scorpio Illusion (1993)
The Apocalypse Watch (1995)
The Prometheus Deception (2001)
The Sigma Protocol (2001)
The Janson Directive (2002)
The Tristan Betrayal (2003)
The Ambler Warning (2005)
The Bancroft Strategy (2006)
Robert Ludlum - The Bourne Identity
Robert Ludlum - The Cassandra Compact
The Bourne Betrayal by Robert Ludlum
The Bourne Legacy by Robert Ludlum
The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum
The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum
The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum
The Matlock Paper by Robert Ludlum
The Parcifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum
- Ebooks list page : 6642
- 2012-02-19Robert Ludlum – Der Holcroft-Vertrag - Robert Ludlum
- 2012-02-15Robert Ludlum – Das Scarlatti-Erbe - Robert Ludlum
- 2012-01-22The Bourne Ultimatum - Robert Ludlum
- 2011-12-24Robert Ludlum – La Preda di Bourne (2011) - Eric Van Lustbader Robert Ludlum
- 2011-11-05Robert Ludlum's The Lazarus Vendetta
- 2011-11-05Robert Ludlum's The Cassandra Compact
- 2011-11-05Robert Ludlum's The Paris Option
- 2011-11-05Robert Ludlum's The Altman Code
- 2011-11-05Robert Ludlum's The Hades Factor
- 2011-11-05Robert Ludlum's The Moscow Vector
- 2011-11-05Robert Ludlum's The Arctic Event
- 2009-05-22Robert Ludlum Entire Collection
- 2009-01-11THE ROBERT LUDLUM COLLECTION (6Mb archive)
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Robert Ludlum's(TM) The Ares Decision (A Covert-One novel)
- 2010-05-30Robert Ludlum Collections
- 2010-05-30Robert Ludlum Collections
- 2009-07-25Robert Ludlum's The Lazarus Vendetta: A Covert-One Novel
- 2008-02-22Robert Ludlum's The Altman Code: A Covert-One Novel - Audiobook
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Robert Ludlum's (TM) The Bourne Betrayal (Jason Bourne series)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.