Royal Police Ordinances in Early Modern Sweden: The Emergence of Voluntaristic Understanding of Law (Northern World, Book 64)
Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2014-06-19. By anonymous.
English | 2013 | ISBN: 9004258949 | ISBN-13: 9789004258945 | 233 pages | PDF | 2,2 MB
Royal Police Ordinances in Early Modern Sweden offers a comprehensive account of the legal regulation of 16th- and 17th-century Swedish society. In comparison to present-day usage, during the early modern period the term â€˜policeâ€™ had a broader meaning.
It referred to â€˜good societal orderâ€™ covering a variety of areas of societal life such as public finances, commerce, professions, infrastructure, public health and poor relief, public morality, public security, and so on.
Through an analysis of a large body of ordinances Toomas Kotkas claims that in 17th-century Sweden a new, voluntaristic understanding of law emerged. Royal police ordinances were no longer perceived merely as a means of enforcing older medieval law but instead as an instrument of directing society towards aspired-to goals.
- Ebooks list page : 27748
- 2018-05-07Royal Police Ordinances in Early Modern Sweden The Emergence of Voluntaristic Understanding of Law
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Emanuel Swedenborg, Secret Agent on Earth and in Heaven: Jacobites, Jews, and Freemasons in early modern Sweden (The Northern World, Vol. 55)
- 2012-02-14Venetians in Constantinople: Nation, Identity, and Coexistence in the Early Modern Mediterranean (The Johns Hopkins University Studies in Historical and Political Science) - Eric R Dursteler
- 2019-01-25The Power of Space in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe The cities of Italy, Northern France
- 2019-01-11The Power of Space in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe The cities of Italy, Northern France
- 2018-12-20The Power of Space in Late Medieval and Early Modern Europe The cities of Italy, Northern France ...
- 2018-11-23Doubting the Divine in Early Modern Europe The Revival of Momus, the Agnostic God
- 2018-11-15Slavery in Medieval and Early Modern Iberia (The Middle Ages Series)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Leibniz and the Two Sophies: The Philosophical Correspondence (The Other Voice in Early Modern Europe: The Toronto Series, Volume 10)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] An Utterly Dark Spot: Gaze and Body in Early Modern Philosophy (The Body, In Theory: Histories of Cultural Materialism)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Economic Development in Early Modern France: The Privilege of Liberty, 1650-1820
- 2017-11-29[PDF] State, Power and Community in Early Modern Russia: The Case of Kozlov, 1635-1649
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Infanticide and Abortion in Early Modern Germany ('The Body, Gender and Culture') [German]
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Early Modern Supernatural: The Dark Side of European Culture, 1400-1700 (Praeger Series on the Early Modern World)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Early Modern Supernatural: The Dark Side of European Culture, 1400-1700 (Praeger Series on the Early Modern World)
- 2014-06-18Across the German Sea: Early Modern Scottish Connections with the Wider Elbe-Weser Region (Northern World, Book 62)
- 2014-06-17The Hanse in Medieval and Early Modern Europe (The Northern World, Book 60)
- 2013-12-08Argument and Authority in Early Modern England: The Presupposition of Oaths and Offices [Repost]
- 2012-05-24Knowledge, Discovery and Imagination in Early Modern Europe: The Rise of Aesthetic Rationalism
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.