Posted on 2013-02-11. By anonymous.
2010 | 304 Pages | ISBN: 1426205058 | EPUB | 2 MB
In 1869, John Wesley Powell led a small party down the Green and Colorado Rivers in a bold attempt to explore the Grand Canyon for the first time. After their monumental expedition, they told of raging rapids, constant danger, and breathtaking natural beauty of the American landscape at its most pristine.
Jon Waterman combines sheer adventure and environmental calamity in this trailblazing cautionary account of his 2008 trip down the overtaxed, drying Colorado. Dammed and tunneled, forced into countless canals, trapped in reservoirs and harnessed for electricity, what once was untamed and free is now humbled, parched, and so yoked to human purposes that in most years it trickles away 100 miles from its oceanic destination.
Waterman writes with informal immediacy in this eye-witness account of the many demands on the Colorado, from irrigating 3.5 million acres of farmland to watering the lawns of Los Angeles. He shows how our profligacy and inexorable climate change spark political conflict, and how we can avert this onrushing ecological crisis. As he follows Powell afloat and afoot, Waterman reaches out both to adventure travelers and to scientists, conservationists, environmentalists, and anyone interested in the fragile interplay between nature and humans.
- Ebooks list page : 21324
- 2011-08-27Running Dry: A Journey From Source to Sea Down the Colorado River
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Thames: A photographic journey from source to sea
- 2014-04-12Gandalf - From Source to Sea (1988)
- 2014-03-27Gandalf - From Source to Sea (1988)
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Hand of God: A Journey from Death to Life by The Abortion Doctor Who Changed His Mind
- 2012-12-25Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing (repost)
- 2011-09-03One Coachâ€™s Journey from East to West: How The Fall of the Iron Curtain Changed the World of Gymnastics
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Dead Sea and the Jordan River
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Dead Sea and the Jordan River [Audiobook]
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Amazon: An Extraordinary Journey Down The Greatest River On Earth
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Black Dragon River: A Journey Down the Amur River at the Borderlands of Empires
- 2017-03-25The Dead Sea and the Jordan River [Audiobook]
- 2014-06-11Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR) Sensors: From Basis to State-of-the-Art Applications (Repost)
- 2013-09-08The Ancient Worlds of Asia - From Mesopotamia to the Yellow River (Repost)
- 2013-07-30Civil Rights in New York City: From World War II to the Giuliani Era [Repost]
- 2013-05-17Off-Broadway Musicals since 1919: From Greenwich Village Follies to The Toxic Avenger [Repost]
- 2013-04-23The Semantic Tradition from Kant to Carnap: To the Vienna Station (repost)
- 2013-03-0350 Successful Ivy League Application Essays : Includes Advice from College Admissions Officers and the 25 Essay... (repost)
- 2013-02-20A Sea without Fish: Life in the Ordovician Sea of the Cincinnati Region (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.