Posted on 2014-06-04, by supnatural.
Science Friction: Where the Known Meets the Unknown (Audiobook) By Michael Brant Shermer, read by the author
Abridged edition 2009 | 4 hours and 50 minutes | ISBN: n/a , ASIN: B002SQH6TW | MP3 64 kbps | 142 MB
In Science Friction, best-selling author and Skeptic magazine publisher Michael Shermer pretends to be a psychic for a day...and fools everyone; as a psychologist and bicycle racer, Shermer reveals the science behind sports psychology; as a historian and evolutionary theorist, Shermer considers what was truly responsible for the mutiny on the Bounty; and as a son, Shermer explores the possibilities of alternative and experimental medicine for his cancer-ravaged mother. And a skeptic realizes that it is time to turn the skeptical lens onto science itself.
In each of the essays in Science Friction, Shermer explores the very personal barriers and biases that plague and propel science, especially when scientists push against the unknown. What do we know, and what do we not know? How does science respond to controversy, attack, and uncertainty? When does theory become accepted fact?
Buy Premium To Support Me & Get Resumable Support & Max Speed
- Ebooks list page : 27395
- 2014-06-01Science Friction: Where the Known Meets the Unknown (Audiobook)
- 2012-10-18Science Friction: Where the Known Meets the Unknown - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] An Inquiry into Science Education, Where the Rubber Meets the Road
- 2014-02-27An Inquiry Into Science Education, Where the Rubber Meets the Road
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Doctor Who - Mission to the Unknown [Audiobook]
- 2012-02-19The Handy Science Answer Book (The Handy Answer Book Series) - The Carnegie Library Of Pittsburgh
- 2011-11-10The Handy Science Answer Book (The Handy Answer Book Series)
- 2011-10-11California Earthquakes: Science, Risk, and the Politics of Hazard Mitigation (Creating the North American Landscape)
- 2011-08-18The Unknown City: Contesting Architecture and Social Space
- 2011-08-152012: Science or Superstition (The Definitive Guide to the Doomsday Phenomenon)
- 2011-08-04Cyberpunk & Cyberculture: Science Fiction and the Work of William Gibson
- 2011-07-28California Earthquakes: Science, Risk, and the Politics of Hazard Mitigation (Creating the North American Landscape)
- 2011-05-28The Philosophy of Science Fiction Film (The Philosophy of Popular Culture)
- 2019-01-31The Where, the Why, and the How 75 Artists Illustrate Wondrous Mysteries of Science
- 2019-01-15Where God Comes From Reflections on Science, Systems, and the Sublime
- 2019-01-11Where God Comes From Reflections on Science, Systems, and the Sublime
- 2018-06-27The Happy Brain The Science of Where Happiness Comes From, and Why
- 2018-06-23The Science of Why 2 Answers to Questions About the Universe, the Unknown, and Ourselves by Jay Ingram
- 2018-05-10The Happy Brain: The Science of Where Happiness Comes From, and Why
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.