Posted on 2009-06-13. By anonymous.
Secrets of the Soil : New Solutions for Restoring Our Planet: Peter Tompkins, Christopher Bird
Earthpulse Press | ISBN: 1890693243 | 1998-10 | PDF (OCR) | 422 pages | 27.73 Mb
I have read several books on Biodynamic farming and have found this book to be very helpful and to the point. It reminds me of text book one would be required to read if they were taking a class on BD farming. The topics are clearly written and communicated to the reader. In addition if you are interested in BD farming you should also purchase "The Biodynamic Sowing and Planting Clanadar" along with "The Biodynamic Year" both written by Maria Thun. There are contact numbers and names to people and organizations that can help you get started since this method of farming requires some uncustomary requirements.
I can't say enough good things about this book. It introduced me to biodynamics and a new way to view nature. I fell in love with the ever curious scientist and hated the fertilizer companies with him.
As well as being very detailed and educational, the book tells it's story in an almost fairy tale manner as the stories and ideas grow further and further away from conventional ideas of what is possible. I read it with a childlike fervor :)
I stumbled across this book in the library in 1994 and read the first few chapters about biodynamic organics and thought, "This is too far out for me!" I read MB's review, and I can understand how he feels, as this stuff is way outside the realm of mainstream thinking. However, by the time I had finished the last chapter, stuffing manure in cow horns seemed downright normal. So I thought, why not give biodynamic organics a try?
Now, 13 years and many gardens later, I am totally sold on this method. There are not enough years in my life to try all the other things in this book, but I don't need to since I am so pleased with how biodynamic organics has improved the soil in my sandy garden. It is now teeming with earthworms, and my soil is becoming friable, instead of sifting through my fingers like sand on the beach.
This book has been in and out of print a few times. I lent my first copy to someone and never saw it again, was elated when the book came back in print and am now more careful with my new copy. This book is a gem, and one that I refer to again and again. I have visited the Josephine Porter Institute and Perelandra, two places mentioned in the first and last chapters, just because I had to see for myself what was going on.
Too often, just because we cannot measure something, we don't give it credibility. But guess what? The Earth wasn't flat until the day we devised the instruments to measure its roundness. And so biodynamic organics and many of the other farming methods outlined in this book have validity even without a "scientific" way to measure their efficacy. I measure by counting worms!
Download Link 2
- Ebooks list page : 2968
- 2010-04-06Secrets of the Soil : New Solutions for Restoring Our Planet
- 2011-07-03A New Biology for the 21st Century
- 2008-06-05[request]The New Paradigm for Financial Markets: The Credit Crisis of 2008
- 2012-03-10The Transverse Information Systems: New Solutions for IS and Business Performance
- 2011-08-17Heal the Ocean: Solutions for Saving Our Seas
- 2017-04-08[PDF] The Healing Power of Neurofeedback: The Revolutionary LENS Technique for Restoring Optimal Brain Function
- 2016-12-28[PDF] Becoming the Boss: New Rules for the Next Generation of Leaders
- 2016-12-28[PDF] God and the Afterlife: The Groundbreaking New Evidence for God and Near-Death Experience
- 2016-10-20The Healing Power of Neurofeedback The Revolutionary LENS Technique for Restoring Optimal Brain ...
- 2014-04-12Stock Profits: Getting to the Core--New Fundamentals for a New Age
- 2014-04-12Stock Profits: Getting to the Core--New Fundamentals for a New Age (repost)
- 2014-03-31Complete Home Storage: The Perfect Storage Solutions for Your Home [Repost]
- 2014-02-14The Neutrophils: New Outlook for Old Cells (3rd Edition)
- 2013-06-10Shadows in the Field: New Perspectives for Fieldwork in Ethnomusicology (repost)
- 2013-05-18Next Generation Business Strategies for the Base of the Pyramid: New Approaches for Building Mutual Value (Repost)
- 2013-04-16Secrets of the Hand: Soloing Strategies for Hand Drummers
- 2013-04-12Next Generation Business Strategies for the Base of the Pyramid: New Approaches for Building Mutual Value (repost)
- 2012-08-07Next Generation Business Strategies for the Base of the Pyramid: New Approaches for Building Mutual Value
- 2012-05-30Stock Profits: Getting to the Core–New Fundamentals for a New Age
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.