Author: P. J. Bakewell
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Posted on 2012-01-09, by 4bookholic.
Silver Mining and Society in Colonial Mexico, Zacatecas 1546-1700
P. J. Bakewell | Cambridge University Press | 2002 | 316 pages | English | PDF
An examination of silver mining and society in Colonial Mexico in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, concentrating upon Zacatecas, the centre of the principal silver-mining region. In the first half of the book, the author describes the discovery of the mines, the establishment of the town, its role in the northward advance of the Spanish occupation of Mexico, its administration, and the sources of its supplies of essential food and materials. The remainder of the book is devoted to an analysis of the mining industry of the Zacatecas district. The author discusses techniques, labour and raw materials. He also provides statistics for silver production, suggesting reasons for their fluctuation, and explores sources of capital for the industry. Based on detailed study of archives in both Spain and Mexico, Dr Bakewell is able to provide an entirely new chronology for the development of Zacatecas and the Mexican maining industry up to 1700.
- Ebooks list page : 16886
- 2012-01-12Silver Mining and Society in Colonial Mexico, Zacatecas 1546-1700 - P. J. Bakewell
- 2012-01-02Silver Mining and Society in Colonial Mexico, Zacatecas 1546-1700
- 2012-01-01Silver Mining and Society in Colonial Mexico, Zacatecas 1546-1700
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The Archaeology and History of Colonial Mexico: Mixing Epistemologies
- 2017-09-12The Garrison State Military, Government and Society in Colonial Punjab, 1849-1947
- 2016-10-23Enrique Rodriguez-Alegria - The Archaeology and History of Colonial Mexico Mixing Epistemologies
- 2013-05-30The Limits of Racial Domination: Plebeian Society in Colonial Mexico City, 1660-1720 (repost)
- 2011-06-13The Limits of Racial Domination: Plebeian Society in Colonial Mexico City, 1660-1720
- 2011-04-12The Limits of Racial Domination: Plebeian Society in Colonial Mexico City, 1660-1720
- 2010-04-06The Man-Leopard Murders: History and Society in Colonial Nigeria (International African Library)
- 2011-08-13Matrix Methods in Data Mining and Pattern Recognition (Fundamentals of Algorithms)
- 2010-11-13Matrix Methods in Data Mining and Pattern Recognition
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Belief and Practice in Imperial Japan and Colonial Korea (Religion and Society in Asia Pacific)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Indigenous Elites and Creole Identity in Colonial Mexico, 1500-1800 (Cambridge Latin American Studies)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Phantasmatic Indochina: French Colonial Ideology in Architecture, Film, and Literature (Asia-Pacific: Culture, Politics, and Society) [French]
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Under the Cope of Heaven: Religion, Society, and Politics in Colonial America
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Islam and the Army in Colonial India: Sepoy Religion in the Service of Empire (Cambridge Studies in Indian History and Society)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Race, Religion and Law in Colonial India: Trials of an Interracial Family (Cambridge Studies in Indian History and Society)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Traditional Industry in the Economy of Colonial India (Cambridge Studies in Indian History and Society)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.