Posted on 2019-07-11, by voska89.
James M. Lang, "Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning"
2016 | ISBN: 1118944496 | English | 272 pages | EPUB | 0.5 MB
Employ cognitive theory in the classroom every day
Research into how we learn has opened the door for utilizing cognitive theory to facilitate better student learning. But that's easier said than done. Many books about cognitive theory introduce radical but impractical theories, failing to make the connection to the classroom. In "Small Teaching, " James Lang presents a strategy for improving student learning with a series of modest but powerful changes that make a big difference-many of which can be put into practice in a single class period. These strategies are designed to bridge the chasm between primary research and the classroom environment in a way that can be implemented by any faculty in any discipline, and even integrated into pre-existing teaching techniques. Learn, for example: How does one become good at retrieving knowledge from memory? How does making predictions now help us learn in the future? How do instructors instill fixed or growth mindsets in their students?
Each chapter introduces a basic concept in cognitive theory, explains when and how it should be employed, and provides firm examples of how the intervention has been or could be used in a variety of disciplines. Small teaching techniques include brief classroom or online learning activities, one-time interventions, and small modifications in course design or communication with students.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40850
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Small Teaching: Everyday Lessons from the Science of Learning
- 2018-08-17Economic Growth in Small Open Economies: Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2018-07-06Economic Growth in Small Open Economies Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2018-06-30Economic Growth in Small Open Economies: Lessons from the Visegrad Countries
- 2012-01-03From Neurons to Neighborhoods : The Science of Early Childhood Development - Committee On Integrating The Science Of Early Childhood Development, Youth, And Families Board On Ch
- 2019-08-06#$(Favorable) - Why You Should Read Age of Opportunity: Lessons from the New Science of Adolescence by Laurence Steinberg Online or Download [^PDF ^EPUB ^MOBI]
- 2018-12-15Lessons from the Virtual Classroom The Realities of Online Teaching
- 2018-06-15A Feast of Science Intriguing Morsels from the Science of Everyday Life
- 2018-06-12A Feast of Science Intriguing Morsels from the Science of Everyday Life
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes And How To Correct Them: Lessons From The New Science Of Behavioral Economics
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Energy-Climate Continuum: Lessons from Basic Science and History - Removed
- 2013-01-24Management Rewired: Why Feedback Doesn't Work and Other Surprising Lessons from the Latest Brain Science (repost)
- 2012-04-27Being Human: Life Lessons from the Frontiers of Science
- 2012-02-11TTC Video - Being Human: Life Lessons from the Frontiers of Science
- 2012-01-08Environment and Children: Passive Lessons from the Everyday Environment - Removed
- 2012-01-02Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-12-26Agile Energy Systems: Global Lessons from the California Energy Crisis (Elsevier Global Energy Policy and Economics Series) - Woodrow Clark III
- 2011-12-17Agile Energy Systems: Global Lessons from the California Energy Crisis (Elsevier Global Energy Policy and Economics Series) - Woodrow Clark III
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.