Author: Joel Keizer
Publisher: Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
Posted on 2011-10-08, by sharebookfree.
Statistical Thermodynamics of Nonequilibrium Processes
Joel Keizer | Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K | 1987-12-08 | 506 pages | English | DJVU
This book provides an introduction to the modern statistical theory of nonequilibrium thermodynamics, based on a synthesis of the statistical thermodynamics of Onsager and the kinetic molecular theory of Boltzmann. Topics featured in the initial chapters include an introduction to stochastic processes and Brownian motion, the linear statistical theory of irreversible process, fluctuations in chemical reactions, and the Boltzmann equation. Using the author's canonical representation for the rates of elementary processes, the book develops the statistical thermodynamics of molecular process in a form that is useful for systems close to or far from equilibrium. Molecular noise arising from chemical reactions, electrochemical process, ion channels in membranes, hydrodynamics, and molecular collisions are treated in a unified way. The final chapters focus on the way in which nonlinear molecular mechanisms give rise to steady states, critical points, oscillations, and chaos, including the thermodynamic theory of steady states and its relationship to molecular fluctuations and linear stability. Broadly applicable to dynamical problems in chemistry, physics, and biophysics, the book should be accessible to graduate students, faculty, and other researchers in the physical sciences and engineering.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 14328
- 2012-03-10Statistical Thermodynamics of Nonequilibrium Processes [Repost]
- 2011-07-11Statistical Thermodynamics of Nonequilibrium Processes
- 2010-07-27Statistical Thermodynamics of Nonequilibrium Processes
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Statistical Mechanics of Nonequilibrium Processes, Volume 1 (See 3527400834): Basic Concepts, Kinetic Theory
- 2013-08-02Statistical Mechanics of Nonequilibrium Processes, Volume 1 (repost)
- 2012-03-10Statistical Mechanics of Nonequilibrium Processes, Volume 1: Basic Concepts, Kinetic Theory [Repost]
- 2011-11-14Statistical Mechanics of Nonequilibrium Processes, Volume 1 (See 3527400834): Basic Concepts, Kinetic Theory
- 2011-08-03Statistical Mechanics of Nonequilibrium Processes, Volume 1 (See 3527400834): Basic Concepts, Kinetic Theory
- 2011-08-03Statistical Mechanics of Nonequilibrium Processes, Volume 1
- 2010-08-25Thermodynamics of Nonequilibrium Processes
- 2018-12-20Nonequilibrium Processes in Catalysis
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Statistical Thermodynamics Of Surfaces, Interfaces And Membranes (Frontiers in Physics)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Statistical Thermodynamics of Alloys - Removed
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Molecular Driving Forces: Statistical Thermodynamics in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Nanoscience, 2nd Edition
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics, & Kinetics (3rd Edition)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Introduction to Statistical Thermodynamics
- 2017-12-25[PDF] An Introduction to Statistical Thermodynamics
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Statistical Thermodynamics: Fundamentals and Applications
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Elementary Statistical Thermodynamics:A Problems Approach
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.