Posted on 2013-12-22. By anonymous.
2013 | ISBN: 1895198674 | English | 260 pages | PDF | 13 MB
Sulfur is devoted to the methods of production and applications as they intertwined during different stages of industrial and technological developments. Commercial sulfuric acid production from the early 16th century until today is reviewed, spanning the Ancient and Renaissance periods, the Industrial Age (to which sulfur was vitally important), and the Sulfur War of 1840. The book introduces "the Sulfur Age" and the processes of this period -- such as the Nordhausen, Bell and Leblanc methods --, then goes on to review native sulfur production in Sicily, once a major supplier to the world. The 'Frasch method' is also covered in detail.
Moving to present day, the book presents "recovered" sulfur -- derived from sour gas and oil -- which constitutes 90% of today's elemental sulfur supply, and looks to Canada, a powerhouse supplier of Recovered Sulfur. An entire chapter is devoted to the modern-day sulfur entrepreneur, with a profile of various investors (from the reluctant to the private and institutional), and evaluates the benefits of adopting new and revolutionary technologies. Finally, the book forecasts the sulfur industry's future and potential supply sources, such as worldwide oil sands.
Covers the latest trends in sulfur production, and evaluates the costs and benefits of new processes
Discusses existing practices for removal of sulfur - a common contaminant - from oil and natural gas
A fascinating and detailed history of sulfur processing technology
- Ebooks list page : 24235
- 2012-05-16Designing Embedded Systems with PIC Microcontrollers, Second Edition: Principles and Applications
- 2018-12-13Sulfur. History, Technology, Applications & Industry
- 2012-01-01Fiber Bragg Gratings, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) - Removed
- 2011-11-22Database System Implementation (Second Edition)
- 2011-11-02Electrical Engineering 101, Second Edition: Everything You Should Have Learned in School...but Probably Didn't
- 2011-10-29CSS The Missing Manual Second Edition
- 2011-09-16Fiber Bragg Gratings, Second Edition (Optics and Photonics Series) - Removed
- 2011-08-26Handbook of Human-Computer Interaction, Second Edition
- 2011-08-09Progress in Molecular and Environmental Bioengineering - From Analysis and Modeling to Technology Applications
- 2019-02-22Introduction to Fiber Optics, Second Edition (IDC Technology)
- 2019-01-28Introduction to Fiber Optics, Second Edition (IDC Technology)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The MBR Book, Second Edition: Principles and Applications of Membrane Bioreactors for Water and Wastewater Treatment
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Sound Synthesis and Sampling, Second Edition (Music Technology)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] PCI Bus Demystified, Second Edition (Demystifying Technology Series)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Ecological Economics, Second Edition: Principles and Applications
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Boundary Element Method for Engineers and Scientists, Second Edition: Theory and Applications
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Advanced Energy Systems, Second Edition (Energy Technology Series)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition Volume 3 - Applications (Industrial Combustion)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Forensic DNA Typing, Second Edition: Biology, Technology, and Genetics of STR Markers
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.