Posted on 2018-08-16, by nokia241186.
Sunlight and Seaweed [Audiobook] by Tim Flannery
English | June 13th, 2018 | kbps | 3 hrs 43 mins | 101.71 MB
Narrator: Tim Flannery
Acclaimed scientist Tim Flannery investigates exciting new technologies currently being developed to address our most pressing environmental threats in a book that presents a positive future for us and our planet. Climate change, food production and toxic pollution present huge challenges, but, as Flannery shows, we already have innovative, practical and inspiring solutions.
Solar energy has, until now, been limited to supplying power only when the sun is shining. But new technology using concentrated sunlight to provide intense heat energy that can be effectively stored overcomes this problem, providing clean renewable power around the clock. Further, the large amounts of power produced can be used to tackle the issue of feeding the world's growing population-by enabling energy-intense methods of purifying polluted land for agricultural production.
Drawing carbon out of the atmosphere is an essential component in limiting climate change. Flannery explores the potential of kelp, a fast-growing sea algae, to be used on a large scale to convert carbon from the air to a non-gaseous form, reducing levels of atmospheric carbon. With accessible and engaging explanations of the fascinating science behind these technologies, as well as accounts of the systems already in operation around the world, Sunlight and Seaweed is an enlightening and uplifting view of the future.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36967
- 2019-07-11The Synchronicity Key The Hidden Intelligence Guiding the Universe and You [Audiobook]
- 2019-07-11Era of Ignition Coming of Age in a Time of Rage and Revolution [Audiobook]
- 2019-07-11A Bite-Sized History of France Gastronomic Tales of Revolution, War, and Enlightenment [Audiobook]
- 2019-07-03Healing Through the Dark Emotions The Wisdom of Grief, Fear, and Despair [Audiobook]
- 2019-07-02The New Business of Consulting The Basics and Beyond [Audiobook]
- 2019-07-02The Manager's Path A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change [Audiobook]
- 2019-06-28Soulcraft Crossing into the Mysteries of Nature and Psyche [Audiobook]
- 2019-05-07The Creativity Code How AI Is Learning to Write, Paint and Think [Audiobook]
- 2019-05-07Soldaten On Fighting, Killing, and Dying [Audiobook]
- 2019-05-05What You Have Heard Is True A Memoir of Witness and Resistance [Audiobook]
- 2019-05-05Under the Wig A Lawyer's Stories of Murder, Guilt and Innocence [Audiobook]
- 2019-05-05The Handbook of Conflict Resolution (3rd Edition) Theory and Practice [Audiobook]
- 2019-04-29The Handbook of Conflict Resolution (3rd Edition) Theory and Practice [Audiobook]
- 2019-04-29Soldaten On Fighting, Killing, and Dying [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-27How to Get People to Do Stuff Master the Art and Science of Persuasion and Motivation [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-26What You Have Heard Is True A Memoir of Witness and Resistance [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-26Biased Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think, and Do [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-25The Handbook of Conflict Resolution (3rd Edition) Theory and Practice [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-25Authentic Gravitas Who Stands Out and Why [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.