Posted on 2014-05-05. By anonymous.
English | 2014 | ISBN: 1439882959 | ISBN-13: 9781439882955 | 593 pages | PDF | 108 MB
Surfactant research explores the forces responsible for surfactant assembly and the critical industrial, medical, and personal applications, including viscosity control, microelectronics, drug stabilization, drug delivery, cosmetics, enhanced oil recovery, and foods.
Surfactant Science and Technology: Retrospects and Prospects, "a Festschrift in honor of Dr. Kash Mittal," provides a broad perspective with chapters contributed by leaders in the fields of surfactant-based physical, organic, and materials chemistries. Many of the authors participated in a special symposium in Melbourne, Australia, honoring Kash Mittalâ€™s 100th edited book at the 18th Surfactants in Solution (SIS) meeting. Each chapter provides an overview of a specific research area, with discussions on past, present, and future directions.
The book is divided into six parts. Part I reviews the evolution of theoretical models for surfactant self-assembly, and introduces a model for interpreting ion-specific effects on aggregate properties. Part II focuses on interactions of surfactant solutions with solid supports; uses contact angles to understand hydrophobic/hydrophilic changes in a lipid layer; uses surface tension to understand molecular arrangements at interfaces; reviews spreading phenomena; discusses pattern formation on solid surfaces; and applies tensiometry to probe flavor components of espresso. Part III discusses novel DNA-based materials, multifunctional poly(amino acid)sâ€“based graft polymers for drug delivery, and polymeric surfactants for stabilizing suspensions and emulsions.
Part IV introduces farm-based biosurfactants from natural products and "greener" biosurfactants from bacteria. Part V explores lyotropic liquid crystals and their applications in triggered drug release; microemulsion properties and controlled drug release; the role of hydrotopes in formulations and in enhancing solubilization in liquid crystals; the potential of ionic liquids to generate tunable and selective reaction media; and provides an overview of stimuli-responsive surfactants. Focusing on emulsions, Part VI reviews the design of emulsion properties for various commercial applications, the role of surfactants in the oil and gas industries, and surfactant mechanisms for soil removal via microemulsions and emulsification.
- Ebooks list page : 26651
- 2011-09-08Science and Technology in Kazakhstan: Current Status and Future Prospects
- 2011-10-08An Assessment of Naval Hydromechanics Science and Technology (Compass Series)
- 2011-10-04Science and Technology for Army Homeland Security: Report 1
- 2011-09-11Basic Research in Information Science and Technology for Air Force Needs
- 2011-09-01The Fundamental Role of Science and Technology in International Development
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-06-03Science and Technology for Army Homeland Security: Report 1
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Surfactant Science and Technology: Retrospects and Prospects
- 2011-09-22Numerical data and functional relationships in science and technology: Ternary alloy systems. Iron systems
- 2012-01-19Security Operations Management, Second Edition - Robert McCrie Professor And Chair Law Police Science And Criminal Justice Administration John Jay
- 2012-01-09Security Operations Management, Second Edition - Robert McCrie Professor And Chair Law Police Science And Criminal Justice Administration John Jay
- 2011-11-04Research Opportunities in Corrosion Science and Engineering
- 2011-10-30Research Opportunities in Corrosion Science and Engineering
- 2011-09-30Earth Materials and Health: Research Priorities for Earth Science and Public Health
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Surfactant Science and Technology, 3rd edition
- 2013-08-04Surfactant Science and Technology, 3rd edition
- 2009-02-23Surfactant Science and Technology (Repost)
- 2007-06-06Surfactant Science and Technology
- 2011-12-30Science and Technology in Kazakhstan: Current Status and Future Prospects
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.