Posted on 2019-01-08, updated at 2019-01-15, by voska89.
Surgery on Compact Manifolds By C. T. C. Wall, A. A. Ranicki
1999 | 315 Pages | ISBN: 0821809423 | PDF | 3 MB
The publication of this book in 1970 marked the culmination of a particularly exciting period in the history of the topology of manifolds. The world of high-dimensional manifolds had been opened up to the classification methods of algebraic topology by Thom's work in 1952 on transversality and cobordism, the signature theorem of Hirzebruch in 1954, and by the discovery of exotic spheres by Milnor in 1956. In the 1960s, there had been an explosive growth of interest in the surgery method of understanding the homotopy types of manifolds (initially in the differentiable category), including results such as the $h$-cobordism theory of Smale (1960), the classification of exotic spheres by Kervaire and Milnor (1962), Browder's converse to the Hirzebruch signature theorem for the existence of a manifold in a simply connected homotopy type (1962), the $s$-cobordism theorem of Barden, Mazur, and Stallings (1964), Novikov's proof of the topological invariance of the rational Pontrjagin classes of differentiable manifolds (1965), the fibering theorems of Browder and Levine (1966) and Farrell (1967), Sullivan's exact sequence for the set of manifold structures within a simply connected homotopy type (1966), Casson and Sullivan's disproof of the Hauptvermutung for piecewise linear manifolds (1967), Wall's classification of homotopy tori (1969), and Kirby and Siebenmann's classification theory of topological manifolds (1970). The original edition of the book fulfilled five purposes by providing: . a coherent framework for relating the homotopy theory of manifolds to the algebraic theory of quadratic forms, unifying many of the previous results; . a surgery obstruction theory for manifolds with arbitrary fundamental group, including the exact sequence for the set of manifold structures within a homotopy type, and many computations; . the extension of surgery theory from the differentiable and piecewise linear categories to the topological category; . a survey of most of the activity in surgery up to 1970; . a setting for the subsequent development and applications of the surgery classification of manifolds. This new edition of this classic book is supplemented by notes on subsequent developments. References have been updated and numerous commentaries have been added. The volume remains the single most important book on surgery theory.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( NitroFlare )
Download ( Rapidgator )
- 2019-01-15Surgery on Compact Manifolds
- Ebooks list page : 38492
- 2019-01-15Surgery on Compact Manifolds
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Surgery on Compact Manifolds (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs)
- 2012-06-30Surgery on Compact Manifolds (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs) by C. T. C. Wall (Repost)
- 2011-03-19Surgery on Compact Manifolds (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs) by C. T. C. Wall
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Lectures on Ergodic Theory and Pesin Theory on Compact Manifolds (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Compact Manifolds with Special Holonomy (Oxford Mathematical Monographs)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Compact Manifolds with Special Holonomy (Oxford Mathematical Monographs)
- 2009-06-11Compact Manifolds with Special Holonomy
- 2019-02-21A Brief Introduction to Berezin-Toeplitz Operators on Compact Kähler Manifolds
- 2019-01-30A Brief Introduction to Berezin-Toeplitz Operators on Compact KÃ¤hler Manifolds
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The second - compact: surgery, orthopedics, urology - GK2 (Springer-Lehrbuch) (Deutsch Version)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Chern Numbers And Rozansky-witten Invariants Of Compact Hyper-kahler Manifolds
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Surgery on Simply-Connected Manifolds (Ergebnisse der Mathematik und ihrer Grenzgebiete. 2. Folge)
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Classifying Spaces for Surgery and Corbordism of Manifolds. (AM-92) (Annals of Mathematics Studies)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Equivariant Surgery and Classification of Finite Group Actions on Manifolds (Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society)
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Higher-Dimensional Generalized Manifolds: Surgery and Constructions (EMS Series of Lectures in Mathematics)
- 2012-01-16The Washington Manual of Surgery (Fifth Edition)
- 2011-12-09A Dissection Course On Endoscopic Endonasal Sinus Surgery
- 2011-10-02Fundamental Groups of Compact Kahler Manifolds (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.