Posted on 2018-04-24, by nokia241186.
THE GOLD AND SILVER BUYER'S HANDBOOK by Raffi Katz
English | 30 Oct. 2011 | ASIN: B0061JNM5E | 182 Pages | MOBI | 1.97 MB
This is a unique book of information for all those who buy or sell gold or silver, jewellery or coins. It also contains a large amount of information of use to the general antiques trader.
The book started, unknowingly, when I worked at a shop specialising in coins, medals, jewellery and bullion. From the very first day I started making lists and charts: formulae of how to calculate bullion prices quickly, lists of coins which were of value, notes about how I had mistaken non gold items for goldthe information grew and grew. The reason for this enthusiasm was simple. We advertised widely; we dealt within the trade, both locally and abroad; we saw customers who called into the shop and it was very busy, there was no time to spend minutes researching each enquiry, the answers had to be to hand.
In the shop I soon learnt that the skill in determining values was in knowing what was worthless and what was worth researching. Every day callers from around the country would telephone: had their set of medallions appreciated in value? are some gold sovereigns worth more than bullion value? how much is gold worth? To my amazement I found myself answering the same questions day after day. The answers are in this book.
Some of the information was hard to come by. Sets of commemorative medallions are beautiful but most end up in the melting pot. How much are they worth? They are worth the weight of gold or silver. How much do they weigh? Nobody knew, even the manufacturers could not tell us. So each time we broke the seals on a set of medallions we weighed them the list of weights is in this book. This book includes many other charts of weights and values as well as clear explanations of carat and hallmarks.
Upon leaving the shop I went into business on my own, manufacturing and marketing testing equipment for gold, silver and gemstones along with magnifiers and weighing scales. We manufacture the QUICKTEST and TROYTEST precious metal testers.
With the growth of the internet (which didn't existed when I wrote the first edition of this book) came our website, www.quicktest.co.uk, and over the last few years I have written several articles in answer to customers' questions. How do you clean silver using a simple chemical reaction rather than resorting to messy cleaners? If your weighing machine no longer gives accurate readings, how do you recalibrate it? What are the latest laws on using weighing machines for use in trade? How do you transfer money from one bank to another, for free, and know that it will arrive in two hours? What do you need to know about handling testing acids? Which are the latest electronic gold testers and how reliable are they? Now that there are so many companies offering to buy gold, where will you get the best rate? What are the pitfalls in taking credit cards? The answers are in this book.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36097
- 2018-09-24How To Store Gold & Silver: The Complete Guide To Storing Gold And Silver In Off Site Vault Storage Facilities [Kindle Edition]
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Complete Guide To Investing In Gold And Silver: Surviving The Great Economic Depression
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Chemistry of Organic Derivatives of Gold and Silver
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Trail of Gold and Silver: Mining in Colorado, 1859-2009 (Timberline Books)
- 2013-09-27License to Pawn: Deals, Steals, and My Life at the Gold & Silver [Repost]
- 2013-05-29The Trail of Gold and Silver: Mining in Colorado, 1859-2009 (repost)
- 2012-05-16The Doctrine And Application Of Fluxions, Part 1 (1776)
- 2012-05-11Panzers In The Balkans And Italy Quarrie (World War 2 Photo Album #19)
- 2012-01-22Advancing the Competitiveness and Efficiency of the U.S. Construction Industry - Committee On Advancing The Competitiveness And Productivity Of The U.S. Construction Industry
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2012-01-03Advancing the Competitiveness and Efficiency of the U.S. Construction Industry - Committee On Advancing The Competitiveness And Productivity Of The U.S. Construction Industry
- 2011-12-31Advancing the Competitiveness and Efficiency of the U.S. Construction Industry - Committee On Advancing The Competitiveness And Productivity Of The U.S. Construction Industry
- 2011-12-25Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-12-21The Chemistry of Organic Derivatives of Gold and Silver - Saul Patai
- 2011-12-19Improving the Design of the Scientists and Engineers Statistical Data System (SESTAT)
- 2011-12-17America's Future in Space: Aligning the Civil Space Program with National Needs - Committee On The Rationale And Goals Of The U.S. Civil Space Program, National Research Council
- 2011-12-14Mathematics and Physics of Emerging Biomedical Imaging - Committee On The Mathematics And Physics Of Emerging Dynamic Biomedical Imaging
- 2011-12-10The Chemistry of Organic Derivatives of Gold and Silver - Saul Patai
- 2011-12-10Advancing the Competitiveness and Efficiency of the U.S. Construction Industry - Committee On Advancing The Competitiveness And Productivity Of The U.S. Construction Industry
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.