Posted on 2018-04-25, by nokia241186.
The Athletic Brain: How Neuroscience is Revolutionising Sport and Can Help You Perform Better by Amit Katwala
English | 11 Aug. 2016 | ISBN: 1471156494 | 368 Pages | AZW3 | 1.46 MB
Sport changes your brain. The minds of elite athletes can pull off feats of anticipation and co-ordination that amateurs would find impossible. The athletic brain has been trained through hours and hours of practice - years of sweat and toil. But what if there were a shortcut to training your brain?
Cognitive training tools offer the tantalising possibility of breaking the '10,000-hour rule'. Top-level athletes and teams are increasingly tapping into new knowledge of the brain to develop tools and techniques that can offer a shortcut to sporting success, or push the boundaries of performance beyond its current limits. Increasingly, these tools are becoming available to the ordinary amateur, revolutionising the ways in which anyone can improve their skills.
Based on interviews with top athletes and the scientists working at the cutting edge of our knowledge, Amit Katwala provides a fascinating insight into the possibilities that are becoming open to us all. He takes us to see how Borussia Dortmund's 'Footbonaut' and touchscreen-based games in the NFL have been achieving excellent results. As with bestsellers such as The Chimp Paradoxand Bounce, by the end of this book, readers will look at sporting performance in a new light, and be able to apply these insights to their own lives.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36110
- 2019-08-02#$(Favorable) - Why You Should Read The Yes Brain: How to Cultivate Courage, Curiosity, and Resilience in Your Child by Daniel J. Siegel Online or Download [^PDF ^EPUB ^MOBI]
- 2018-06-27The Performance Cortex How Neuroscience Is Redefining Athletic Genius
- 2018-06-04The Performance Cortex How Neuroscience Is Redefining Athletic Genius [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Scientific American Brave New Brain: How Neuroscience, Brain-Machine Interfaces, Neuroimaging, Psychopharmacology, Epigenetics, the Internet, and ... and Enhancing the Future of Mental Power
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Differentiation and the Brain: How Neuroscience Supports the Learner-Friendly Classroom
- 2017-04-13[PDF] The Reader's Brain: How Neuroscience Can Make You a Better Writer
- 2019-07-30The Imprinted Brain; How Genes Set the Balance Between Autism and Psychosis
- 2019-03-30The Nocturnal Brain: Nightmares, Neuroscience, and the Secret World of Sleep
- 2019-01-24The Game Changer How Leading Organisations in Business and Sport Changed the Rules of the Game
- 2019-01-10The Game Changer How Leading Organisations in Business and Sport Changed the Rules of the Game
- 2018-12-21The Game Changer How Leading Organisations in Business and Sport Changed the Rules of the Game
- 2018-11-23The Biology of Beating Stress How Changing Your Environment, Your Body, and Your Brain Can Help You ...
- 2018-09-28The Aesthetic Brain How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art [Audiobook] - Removed
- 2018-07-22The Aesthetic Brain How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Computational Brain (Computational Neuroscience Series)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] The Aesthetic Brain: How We Evolved to Desire Beauty and Enjoy Art
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Biology of Beating Stress: How Changing Your Environment, Your Body, and Your Brain Can Help You Find Balance and Peace
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Healing the Angry Brain: How Understanding the Way Your Brain Works Can Help You Control Anger and Aggression
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Altruistic Brain: How We Are Naturally Good
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.