Posted on 2010-07-08. By anonymous.
The British Insurance Industry Since 1900: The Era of Transformation
Palgrave Macmillan | 2009-06-15 | ISBN: 0230219640 | 200 pages | PDF | 2 MB
This book is a comprehensive chronicle of the transformation of the intensely competitive British insurance industry in response to evolving economic, social, technological and political conditions. It analyzes the fast-changing shape of the distribution system, the role of the state and the shifting boundaries of insurability and risk transfer.
This book is an account of the dynamic changes that have occurred in one of Britain's most successful industries over the last century, showing how virtually every private and commercial activity has an insurance dimension and how British insurers have been rising to this challenge with the creation of an ever-widening range of personal and commercial policies. Life insurance retains a key role in savings and capital markets with pensions and life cover, while the non-life segment offers protection to virtually every firm and household.
The sector's growing sophistication, its crises, legislative and regulatory development and the changing role of the state are also traced. The development of risk management, captives, the large number of industry bodies as well as the ever-changing profile of product distribution system are also described as are the rise and fall of insurance cartels, competition control and the emergence of consumer protection.
Lloyd's of London and British company insurers acquired large overseas interests and retained these even after two World Wars - during which their contribution was remarkable. As late as 2007 they still controlled 11% of world-wide premium income. UK based insurers and educators continue to export their insurance expertise to most of the new growing markets across the globe.
The book contains ample statistical and economic information to show the pace of the growth of insurance over the past century.
- Ebooks list page : 6400
- 2011-10-25Imperial Airways: the Birth of the British Airline Industry 1914-1940
- 2017-12-13[PDF] 21st-Century Hollywood: Movies in the Era of Transformation
- 2018-01-02[PDF] British Musical Modernism: The Manchester Group and their Contemporaries (Music since 1900)
- 2013-05-11O'Neill, The All-Sustaining Air: Romantic Legacies and Renewals in British, American, and Irish Poetry since 1900
- 2010-09-09The All-Sustaining Air: Romantic Legacies and Renewals in British, American, and Irish Poetry since 1900
- 2009-07-28Michael O'Neill - The All-Sustaining Air: Romantic Legacies and Renewals in British, American, and Irish Poetry since 1900
- 2019-01-15Rethinking Canadian Economic Growth and Development since 1900 The Quebec Case
- 2019-01-15The British Newspaper Industry
- 2019-01-10The British Newspaper Industry
- 2019-01-09Rethinking Canadian Economic Growth and Development since 1900 The Quebec Case
- 2018-12-20The British Newspaper Industry
- 2018-10-15The British Empire and Tibet 1900-1922
- 2018-08-25The British Empire and Tibet 1900-1922
- 2018-04-12Vulcan 607: The Epic Story of the Most Remarkable British Air Attack since WWII
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Sanctions and the Insurance Industry: Challenges and Opportunities
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Vulture Culture: Dirty Deals, Unpaid Claims, and the Coming Collapse of the Insurance Industry
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Graph Music of Morton Feldman (Music since 1900)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Spectral Piano: From Liszt, Scriabin, and Debussy to the Digital Age (Music since 1900)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Schoenberg's Twelve-Tone Music: Symmetry and the Musical Idea (Music Since 1900)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.