Author: Catherine Paquet, Warren Saxe
Posted on 2007-05-13, updated at 2007-05-27. By anonymous.
- Author: Catherine Paquet, Warren Saxe
â€¢ Publisher: Cisco Press (December 13, 2004)
â€¢ Language: English
â€¢ ISBN: 1587201216
â€¢ List Price: $39.95
Understand the total cost of ownership and return on investment for network security solutions
Understand what motivates hackers and how to classify threats
Learn how to recognize common vulnerabilities and common types of attacks
Examine modern day security systems, devices, and mitigation techniques
Integrate policies and personnel with security equipment to effectively lessen security risks
Analyze the greater implications of security breaches facing corporations and executives today
Understand the governance aspects of network security to help implement a climate of change throughout your organization
Learn how to qualify your organizationâ€™s aversion to risk
Quantify the hard costs of attacks versus the cost of security technology investment to determine ROI
Learn the essential elements of security policy development and how to continually assess security needs and vulnerabilities
The Business Case for Network Security: Advocacy, Governance, and ROI addresses the needs of networking professionals and business executives who seek to assess their organizationâ€™s risks and objectively quantify both costs and cost savings related to network security technology investments. This book covers the latest topics in network attacks and security. It includes a detailed security-minded examination of return on investment (ROI) and associated financial methodologies that yield both objective and subjective data. The book also introduces and explores the concept of return on prevention (ROP) and discusses the greater implications currently facing corporations, including governance and the fundamental importance of security, for senior executives and the board.
Making technical issues accessible, this book presents an overview of security technologies that uses a holistic and objective model to quantify issues such as ROI, total cost of ownership (TCO), and risk tolerance. This book explores capital expenditures and fixed and variable costs, such as maintenance and upgrades, to determine a realistic TCO figure, which in turn is used as the foundation in calculating ROI. The importance of security policies addressing such issues as Internet usage, remote-access usage, and incident reporting is also discussed, acknowledging that the most comprehensive security equipment will not protect an organization if it is poorly configured, implemented, or used. Quick reference sheets and worksheets, included in the appendixes, provide technology reviews and allow financial modeling exercises to be performed easily.
An essential IT security-investing tool written from a business management perspective, The Business Case for Network Security: Advocacy, Governance, and ROI helps you determine the effective ROP for your business.
This volume is in the Network Business Series offered by Cisco Press®. Books in this series provide IT executives, decision makers, and networking professionals with pertinent information about todayâ€™s most important technologies and business strategies.
- Ebooks list page : 94
- 2019-01-15The Business Case for Network Security Advocacy, Governance, and ROI
- 2019-01-08The Business Case for Network Security Advocacy, Governance, and ROI
- 2010-08-23The Business Case for Network Security: Advocacy, Governance, and ROI (Repost)
- 2007-07-22The Business Case for Network Security: Advocacy, Governance, and ROI (Network Business)
- 2007-07-21The Business Case for Network Security: Advocacy, Governance, and ROI (Network Business)
- 2007-07-20The Business Case for Network Security: Advocacy, Governance, and ROI (Network Business)
- 2007-07-14The Business Case for Network Security: Advocacy, Governance, and ROI | Ebook Share
- 2007-05-27Business Case for Network Security : Advocacy, Governance, and ROI, The (Network
- 2011-04-09The Business Case for Network Security - Advocacy, Governance, & ROI
- 2010-09-29The Business Case for Network Security - Advocacy, Governanc
- 2010-10-02The Business Case for Network Security
- 2010-10-01The Business Case for Network Security
- 2007-05-27Business Case for Network Security
- 2018-01-29[PDF] The Business Case for Corporate Social Responsibility: Understanding and Measuring Economic Impacts of Corporate Social Performance (Contributions to Management Science) - Removed
- 2008-12-15The Business Case for Corporate Governance
- 2008-05-26The Business Case for Storage Networks (Network Business)
- 2007-05-24The Business Case For Enterprise-class Wireless Lans (network
- 2019-05-05Too Big to Ignore The Business Case for Big Data
- 2019-04-28Too Big to Ignore: The Business Case for Big Data
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.