Posted on 2014-01-24. By anonymous.
English | 2013 | ISBN: 0415661994 | ISBN-13: 9780415661997 | 200 pages | PDF | 3,8 MB
This edited volume offers the first critical engagement with one of the most provocative and controversial theories in political economy: the thesis that capital can be theorized as power and that capital is finance and only finance. The book also includes a detailed introduction to this novel thesis first put forward by Nitzan and Bichler in their Capital as Power.
Although endorsing the capital as power argument to varying extents, contributors to this volume agree that a new understanding of capital that radically departs from Marxist and Neoclassical theories cannot be ignored. Offering the first application and appraisal of Nitzan and Bichlerâ€™s theory, chapters examine the thesis in the context of energy and global capitalization, US Investment Banks, trade and investment agreements between Canada, the US and Mexico, and multinational corporations in Apartheid South Africa. Balancing theory, methodology and empirical analysis throughout, this book is accessible to new readers, whilst contextualising and advancing the original theoretical debate.
The Capitalist Mode of Power will be of interest to students and scholars of International Relations, Political Economy, Globalization and Critical Theory.
- Ebooks list page : 24842
- 2018-01-09[PDF] The Capitalist Mode of Power: Critical Engagements with the Power Theory of Value (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Capitalist Mode of Power: Critical Engagements with the Power Theory of Value (RIPE Series in Global Political Economy)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Studies in the Labor Theory of Value (Monthly Review Press Classic Titles)
- 2016-10-26Studies in the Labor Theory of Value, Second Edition
- 2013-10-05The Labour Theory of Value
- 2019-03-21The Presocratic Philosophers: A Critical History with a Selection of Texts
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Between the Image and the Word: Theological Engagements with Imagination, Language and Literature (Routledge Studies in Theology, Imagination and the Arts)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] The Making of a Transnational Capitalist Class: Corporate Power in the 21st Century
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Palgrave Handbook of Gender and Development: Critical Engagements in Feminist Theory and Practice - Removed
- 2017-10-25Nietzsche's Engagements with Kant and the Kantian Legacy (3 Volumes)
- 2013-06-19The Fragments of Parmenides: A Critical Text With Introduction and Translation, the Ancient Testimonia and a Commentary
- 2011-08-05Dispatches from the Front: Theological Engagements with the Secular
- 2010-11-04Anna A. Novokhatko - The Invectives of Sallust and Cicero: Critical Edition with Introduction, Translation, and Commentary
- 2010-04-10Choice and Consent: Feminist Engagements with Law and Subjectivity (Critical Approaches to Law)
- 2010-03-26Charles Wesley - The Sermons of Charles Wesley: A Critical Edition with Introduction and Notes
- 2008-12-06Traditional Romanian Village Communities: The Transition from the Communal to the Capitalist Mode of Production in the Danube R
- 2019-06-27The Capitalist Cycle An Essay on the Marxist Theory of the Cycle
- 2019-01-24Power Struggles Dignity, Value, and the Renewable Energy Frontier in Spain
- 2019-01-24Robert Audi Critical Engagements
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.