Posted on 2019-07-11, by voska89.
The City-State in Europe, 1000-1600: Hinterland, Territory, Region by Tom Scott
2012 | ISBN: 0199274606, 0199675392 | English | 396 pages | PDF | 5 MB
No detailed comparison of the city-state in medieval Europe has been undertaken over the last century. Research has concentrated on the role of city-states and their republican polities as harbingers of the modern state, or else on their artistic and cultural achievements, above all in Italy. Much less attention has been devoted to the cities' territorial expansion: why, how, and with what consequences cities in the urban belt, stretching from central and northern Italy over the Alps to Switzerland, Germany, and the low countries, succeeded (or failed) in constructing sovereign polities, with or without dependent territories.
Tom Scott goes beyond the customary focus on the leading Italian city-states to include, for the first time, detailed coverage of the Swiss city-states and the imperial cities of Germany. He criticizes current typologies of the city-state in Europe advanced by political and social scientists to suggest that the city-state was not a spent force in early modern Europe, but rather survived by transformation and adaption. He puts forward instead a typology which embraces both time and space by arguing for a regional framework for analysis which does not treat city-states in isolation but within a wider geopolitical setting.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40853
- 2012-05-07A History of The Indian State Forces
- 2007-11-02[request]Magnetism in the Solid State: An Introduction
- 2014-05-29War and Competition between States (The Origins of the Modern State in Europe, Theme a) (repost)
- 2012-01-09Sovereign City: The City-State Ancient and Modern - Geoffrey Parker
- 2011-10-20Sovereign City: The City-State Ancient and Modern
- 2011-02-13Sovereign City: The City-State Ancient and Modern
- 2010-12-13Paul Hohenberg, Lynn Lees - The Making of Urban Europe, 1000-1994
- 2010-04-05War and Competition between States (The Origins of the Modern State in Europe, Theme a)
- 2009-08-10Hungary and the Fall of Eastern Europe, 1000-1568
- 2009-02-18War and Competition between States (The Origins of the Modern State in Europe, Theme a)
- 2009-08-28Keith Hoggart - The City's Hinterland: Dynamism And Divergence in Europe's Peri-urban Territories
- 2019-08-23Cults, Territory, and the Origins of the Greek City-State
- 2019-03-31Arts & Humanities Through the Eras: Renaissance Europe (1300-1600)
- 2019-01-31Diverging Capitalisms Britain, the City of London and Europe
- 2018-05-10The City in Russian Culture (Routledge Contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe Series)
- 2018-05-10Resources of the City Contributions to an Environmental History of Modern Europe
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Venice Reconsidered: The History and Civilization of an Italian City-State, 1297-1797
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Tikal: Analyze, understand and live the biggest Mayan city-state
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The Secular State Under Siege: Religion and Politics in Europe and America
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.