Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-08-31. By anonymous.
Princeton University Press | ISBN: 0691142386 | 2010-08-08 | PDF | 352 pages | 1.20 Mb
Some blame the violence and unrest in the Muslim world on Islam itself, arguing that the religion and its history is inherently bloody. Others blame the United States, arguing that American attempts to spread democracy by force have destabilized the region, and that these efforts are somehow radical or unique. Challenging these views, The Clash of Ideas in World Politics reveals how the Muslim world is in the throes of an ideological struggle that extends far beyond the Middle East, and how struggles like it have been a recurring feature of international relations since the dawn of the modern European state.
John Owen examines more than two hundred cases of forcible regime promotion over the past five centuries, offering the first systematic study of this common state practice. He looks at conflicts between Catholicism and Protestantism between 1520 and the 1680s; republicanism and monarchy between 1770 and 1850; and communism, fascism, and liberal democracy from 1917 until the late 1980s. He shows how regime promotion can follow regime unrest in the eventual target state or a war involving a great power, and how this can provoke elites across states to polarize according to ideology. Owen traces how conflicts arise and ultimately fade as one ideology wins favor with more elites in more countries, and he demonstrates how the struggle between secularism and Islamism in Muslim countries today reflects broader transnational trends in world history.
No mirrors please
For more interesting books please CLICK HERE and enjoy my AH Blog!!!
- Ebooks list page : 7139
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors Volume III: Insignia and Tactical Markings Of The Ninth Air Force In World War Two
- 2012-01-22Best of The Clash (Joe Strummer, 1952 - 2002) - Removed
- 2018-12-05Soft Power The Means To Success In World Politics
- 2018-06-26Secretary or General The UN Secretary-General in World Politics
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Soft Power: The Means To Success In World Politics
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The EU's Role in World Politics: A Retreat from Liberal Internationalism (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Maritime Power and the Law of the Sea:: Expeditionary Operations in World Politics
- 2017-12-18[PDF] The United Nations in the 21st Century (Dilemmas in World Politics)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Interpreters as Diplomats: A Diplomatic History of the Role of Interpreters in World Politics (Perspectives on Translation)
- 2017-09-18The Clash of Ideologies Middle Eastern Politics and American Security
- 2014-04-08Soft Power: The Means To Success In World Politics
- 2012-10-23DOWNLOAD Soft Power: The Means To Success In World Politics by Joseph S. Nye Jr. - Removed
- 2012-03-24Maritime Power and the Law of the Sea: Expeditionary Operations in World Politics
- 2011-09-09Mediapolitik: How the Mass Media Have Transformed World Politics
- 2011-09-05The Foundations of Ethnic Politics: Separatism of States and Nations in Eurasia and the World
- 2011-07-19The Problem of Harm in World Politics: Theoretical Investigations
- 2011-07-09The Problem of Harm in World Politics: Theoretical Investigations
- 2010-05-30The Foundations of Ethnic Politics: Separatism of States and Nations in Eurasia and the World
- 2010-04-21The Foundations of Ethnic Politics: Separatism of States and Nations in Eurasia and the World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.