Posted on 2017-10-29, by manhneovn.
Pamela Kirrage, beautiful and impulsive, met and fell in love with the dashing RAF pilot Donald Hill just months before Hill was shipped off to the Far East to protect the British colonies against Japanese aggression. They exchanged rings the day before he left, a promise to marry as soon as he returned. Little did they know that five years would pass before they saw each other again.
The Code of Love tells the stirring tale of Donald's experiences in the front lines of the Pacific Theater and Pamela's war efforts back in England in a dramatic, deeply moving portrayal of the World War II era and its aftermath. On the day the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, they also moved into Hong Kong, where Donald had the misfortune to be part of a small group of officers in charge of a meager five planes. He spent the rest of the war in a POW camp, keeping a journal of the indignities he faced in complex, nearly unbreakable code. Meanwhile, Pamela was swept into the frantic swirl of a wartime society eager to live to the fullest. She cooked meals for secret agents and danced the nights away with handsome soldiers. But her love for Donald never altered, and the two married within weeks of Donald's release at the end of the war. The scars Hill bore from his years of emotional encoding would eventually wear away at their relationship, though never their love.
Andro Linklater skillfully weaves the many fascinating parts of this tale together into an unforgettable narrative. From the mesmerizing siege of Hong Kong, to the romantic roller coaster of a truly great love, to the unbelievable efforts of the mathematician who finally cracked the encoded diary, The Code of Love is storytelling at its very finest.
- Ebooks list page : 32913
- 2018-08-09Faith and Resistance The Politics of Love and War in Lebanon
- 2017-11-20[PDF] The Queens of Love and War: The Fatal Crown, Beloved Enemy, and Gilded Cages
- 2019-02-21The Rose Man of Sing Sing A True Tale of Life, Murder, and Redemption in the Age of Yellow Journa
- 2019-01-28The Rose Man of Sing Sing A True Tale of Life, Murder, and Redemption in the Age of Yellow Journa...
- 2019-01-03Blood in the Soil A True Tale of Racism, Sex, and Murder in the South
- 2018-11-01Kings of Cocaine Inside the Medellin Cartel - An Astonishing True Story of Murder, Money and International Corruption
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Rabbi and the Hit Man: A True Tale of Murder, Passion, and the Shattered Faith of a Congregation
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons: The History of the Human Brain as Revealed by True Stories of Trauma, Madness, and Recovery
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Blood in the Soil: A True Tale of Racism, Sex, and Murder in the South
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Unholy Business: A True Tale of Faith, Greed and Forgery in the Holy Land
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Blood and Smoke: A True Tale of Mystery, Mayhem and the Birth of the Indy 500
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons: The History of the Human Brain as Revealed by True Stories of Trauma, Madness, and Recovery
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Unholy Business: A True Tale of Faith, Greed and Forgery in the Holy Land
- 2014-02-05The Mysterious Montague: A True Tale of Hollywood, Golf, and Armed Robbery (Audiobook)
- 2014-02-02Descartes's Secret Notebook: A True Tale of Mathematics, Mysticism, and the Quest to Understand the Universe (Repost)
- 2012-12-23Dragon Sea: A True Tale of Treasure, Archeology, and Greed Off the Coast of Vietnam (Audiobook) (Repost)
- 2012-01-10The Heike Story: A Modern Translation of the Classic Tale of Love and War – Eiji Yoshikawa - Eiji Yoshikawa - Removed
- 2011-11-24Descartes’s Secret Notebook: A True Tale of Mathematics, Mysticism, and the Quest to Understand the Universe - Amir D. Aczel
- 2011-11-16Dragon Sea: A True Tale of Treasure, Archeology, and Greed Off the Coast of Vietnam
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.