Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2013-02-14. By anonymous.
2001 | 448 Pages | ISBN: 0231113722 | PDF | 1 MB
Eminent historians Farber (Age of Great Dreams) and Bailey (Sex in the Heartland) present an accessible, state-of-the-art overview of the turbulent Sixties. Part narrative history and interpretation, part almanac, chronology, and glossary, the book offers an introspective yet entertaining investigation for those who remember the age as well as for those just being introduced to it. The most stimulating chapter includes essays by contributing scholars who assess the legacies of the Civil Rights movement, the Vietnam War, the New Left, the women's movement, and the sexual revolution. An excellent glossary, which includes one-paragraph to one-page views of well-known political leaders and such cultural icons as Twiggy, the Beach Boys, the Beatles, and Janis Joplin, bolsters Farber's somewhat sketchy historical summary. In turn, short essays that discuss such topics as the environmental movement, significant legal cases, and religion enhance the glossary. The book concludes with a chronology, demographics, and a comprehensive annotated bibliography, which is noted more for its inclusiveness than the substance of the annotations. One small weakness in this seven-part book is that the affiliations and publications of the secondary contributors are not identified.
- Ebooks list page : 21346
- 2011-08-20The Columbia Guide to America in the 1960s (Columbia Guides to American History and Cultures)
- 2011-06-18The Columbia Guide to America in the 1960s
- 2014-05-08Mad Men, Mad World: Sex, Politics, Style, and the 1960s (repost)
- 2014-03-07Voluntary Action and Illegal Drugs: Health and Society in Britain Since the 1960s [Repost]
- 2013-06-14Law and Order: Street Crime, Civil Unrest, and the Crisis of Liberalism in the 1960s (Repost)
- 2013-02-17Fashions of a Decade: The 1960s (repost)
- 2013-01-13White Bicycles: Making Music in the 1960s (Repost)
- 2011-11-02The Columbia Guide to American Environmental History
- 2011-05-19The Columbia Guide to Online Style: Second Edition
- 2019-01-25The Gorehound's Guide to Splatter Films of the 1960s and 1970s
- 2019-01-09The Gorehound's Guide to Splatter Films of the 1960s and 1970s
- 2018-11-01The Columbia Guide to American Environmental History
- 2018-10-08The Stormrider Surf Guide South America - July 2016
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Columbia Guide to American Indians of the Southwest (The Columbia Guides to American Indian History and Culture)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Columbia Guide to American Environmental History
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Columbia Guide to Irish American History
- 2017-12-25[PDF] America Divided: The Civil War of the 1960s
- 2017-12-24[PDF] The Columbia Guide to Religion in American History (Columbia Guides to American History and Cultures)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Foodie Facts: A Food Lover's Guide to America's Favorite Dishes from Apple Pie to Corn on the Cob
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.