Author: at the Institute of Medicine Committee on the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the Future of Nursing, Institute of
Publisher: National Academies Press
Posted on 2011-09-03, by sharebookfree.
The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (Institute of Medicine)
at the Institute of Medicine Committee on the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the Future of Nursing, Institute of Medicine | National Academies Press | 2011-02-03 | 620 pages | English | PDF
The Future of Nursing explores how nurses' roles, responsibilities, and education should change significantly to meet the increased demand for care that will be created by health care reform and to advance improvements in America's increasingly complex health system.
At more than 3 million in number, nurses make up the single largest segment of the health care work force. They also spend the greatest amount of time in delivering patient care as a profession. Nurses therefore have valuable insights and unique abilities to contribute as partners with other health care professionals in improving the quality and safety of care as envisioned in the Affordable Care Act (ACA) enacted this year.
Nurses should be fully engaged with other health professionals and assume leadership roles in redesigning care in the United States. To ensure its members are well-prepared, the profession should institute residency training for nurses, increase the percentage of nurses who attain a bachelor's degree to 80 percent by 2020, and double the number who pursue doctorates. Furthermore, regulatory and institutional obstacles -- including limits on nurses' scope of practice -- should be removed so that the health system can reap the full benefit of nurses' training, skills, and knowledge in patient care.
In this book, the Institute of Medicine makes recommendations for an action-oriented blueprint for the future of nursing.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 13291
- 2011-02-15The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (Institute of Medicine)
- 2012-10-04The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
- 2011-06-28The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2012-01-19Governance and Opportunity in Metropolitan America - Committee On Improving The Future Of U.S. Cities Through Improved Metropolitan Area Governance
- 2012-01-01The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-12"The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States" by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Influencer: The New Science of Leading Change, Second Edition
- 2016-12-29[PDF] Influencer: The New Science of Leading Change, Second Edition
- 2010-09-12The New Leadership Challenge: Creating the Future of Nursing
- 2018-11-23The Palgrave Handbook of Social Theory in Health, Illness and Medicine
- 2017-11-22[PDF] The Palgrave Handbook of Social Theory in Health, Illness and Medicine - Removed
- 2011-10-27Beyond Bias and Barriers
- 2012-01-28The Importance of Common Metrics for Advancing Social Science Theory and Research: A Workshop Summary - Committee On Advancing Social Science Theory: The Importance Of Common Metrics
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.