Posted on 2011-05-04. By anonymous.
John E. Catchpole, "The International Space Station: Building for the Future"
Publisher: Praxis | ISBN: 0387781447 | edition 2008 | PDF | 389 pages | 8 mb
This book will cover in great detail the newest construction and uses of the International Space Station. The new volume will continue on from the end of Creating the International Space Station by David Harland and John Catchpole (published in January 2002 by Springer Praxis), providing flight by flight details and relevant political and "behind the scenes" activities as are necessary to explain why certain decisions, including flight re-scheduling and crew-reassignment, are made.
Part 1 will open with a chapter recounting the political history of the ISS, including how and why the program came into being. Chapter 2 will look at the four partners involved (USA, Russia, ESA, and Brazil), with a brief account of what each partner is bringing to the program. Chapter 3 will study the initial goals of the program, how they have changed and whether they have been met. Chapter 4 will summarize the program at the end of Creating the International Space Station.
Part 2 will look at the findings and recommendations of the International Space Station Management and Cost Evaluation Task Force. Part 3 will examine the original flight coverage, including the beginning of the construction of the Integrated Truss Structure, and will cover the stationÐ²Ð‚â„¢s occupation from the start of Expedition 4, through to the end of Expedition 6. Part 4 will start with the loss of STS-107 Ð²Ð‚â€œ Columbia Ð²Ð‚â€œ and explain its effect on both the International Space Station and the American space effort in general. It will cover the Expedition 7 occupation through to the beginning of Expedition 13, concentrating on the work of the two-person "Caretaker Crews".
Part 5 will study the recovery from the STS-107 tragedy and the re-commencement of the ISS construction, overcoming the grounding of the Space Shuttle fleet. It will cover the remainder of the Expedition 13 occupation, the return to three-person occupation, through to the end of Expedition 15 and the installation of Node-2, the final American module.
Part 6 will briefly look forward to the installation of the International PartnerÐ²Ð‚â„¢s modules as well as the introduction of the European and Japanese robotic cargo vehicles. The book will end with a glance at plans for the Orion spacecraft and Ares-1 launch vehicle, and the delivery of Node-2, the final piece of American hardware.
- Ebooks list page : 11402
- 2017-10-14[PDF] The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Springer Space Exploration) - Removed
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Springer Space Exploration)
- 2011-08-15The International Space Station: Building for the Future
- 2011-08-01The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Springer Praxis Books / Space Exploration)
- 2011-04-23John E. Catchpole, "The International Space Station: Building for the Future" (repost)
- 2010-04-11The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Springer Praxis Books / Space Exploration)
- 2010-01-12The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Repost)
- 2009-06-10The International Space Station: Building for the Future (repost)
- 2008-12-06The International Space Station: Building for the - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] International Space Station Benefits for Humanity
- 2011-08-16Engineering Challenges to the Long-Term Operation of the International Space Station (Compass series)
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2012-01-19Governance and Opportunity in Metropolitan America - Committee On Improving The Future Of U.S. Cities Through Improved Metropolitan Area Governance
- 2012-01-01The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-12"The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States" by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.