Author: John E. Catchpole
Posted on 2011-08-15, by LionFar.
|Title:The International Space Station: Building for the Future
Author:John E. Catchpole
|Description:This book will cover in great detail the newest construction and uses of the International Space Station. The new volume will continue on from the end of Creating the International Space Station by David Harland and John Catchpole (published in January 2002 by Springer Praxis), providing flight by flight details and relevant political and "behind the scenes" activities as are necessary to explain why certain decisions, including flight re-scheduling and crew-reassignment, are made.
Part 1 will open with a chapter recounting the political history of the ISS, including how and why the program came into being. Chapter 2 will look at the four partners involved (USA, Russia, ESA, and Brazil), with a brief account of what each partner is bringing to the program. Chapter 3 will study the initial goals of the program, how they have changed and whether they have been met. Chapter 4 will summarize the program at the end of Creating the International Space Station.
Part 2 will look at the findings and recommendations of the International Space Station Management and Cost Evaluation Task Force. Part 3 will examine the original flight coverage, including the beginning of the construction of the Integrated Truss Structure, and will cover the station's occupation from the start of Expedition 4, through to the end of Expedition 6. Part 4 will start with the loss of STS-107 - Columbia - and explain its effect on both the International Space Station and the American space effort in general. It will cover the Expedition 7 occupation through to the beginning of Expedition 13, concentrating on the work of the two-person "Caretaker Crews".
Part 5 will study the recovery from the STS-107 tragedy and the re-commencement of the ISS construction, overcoming the grounding of the Space Shuttle fleet. It will cover the remainder of the Expedition 13 occupation, the return to three-person occupation, through to the end of Expedition 15 and the installation of Node-2, the final American module.
Part 6 will briefly look forward to the installation of the International Partner's modules as well as the introduction of the European and Japanese robotic cargo vehicles. The book will end with a glance at plans for the Orion spacecraft and Ares-1 launch vehicle, and the delivery of Node-2, the final piece of American hardware.
Three Appendices will up-date those published in Creating the International Space Station: Appendix A will list ISS hardware descriptions, Appendix B will be a complete ISS Flight Log and Appendix C will be a full ISS Extravehicular Activity Log.
Dovnload The International Space Station: Building for the Future
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 12958
- 2017-10-14[PDF] The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Springer Space Exploration) - Removed
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Springer Space Exploration)
- 2011-08-01The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Springer Praxis Books / Space Exploration)
- 2011-05-04The International Space Station - Building for the Future
- 2011-04-23John E. Catchpole, "The International Space Station: Building for the Future" (repost)
- 2010-04-11The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Springer Praxis Books / Space Exploration)
- 2010-01-12The International Space Station: Building for the Future (Repost)
- 2009-06-10The International Space Station: Building for the Future (repost)
- 2008-12-06The International Space Station: Building for the - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] International Space Station Benefits for Humanity
- 2011-08-16Engineering Challenges to the Long-Term Operation of the International Space Station (Compass series)
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2019-03-24Japanese Missions to the International Space Station: Hope from the East
- 2019-03-03Plasma Research at the Limit From the International Space Station to Applications on Earth
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Hello, is This Planet Earth?: My View from the International Space Station
- 2017-12-19[PDF] You Are Here: Around the World in 92 Minutes: Photographs from the International Space Station
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Engineering Challenges to the Long-Term Operation of the International Space Station (Compass series)
- 2017-04-07[PDF] In the Footsteps of Columbus: European Missions to the International Space Station (Springer Praxis Books)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Plasma Research at the Limit: From the International Space Station to Applications on Earth (With DVD-ROM)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.