The Jews of Nazi Vienna, 1938-1945 Rescue and Destruction (Palgrave Studies in the History of Genocide)
Posted on 2018-07-08, by nokia241186.
The Jews of Nazi Vienna, 1938-1945: Rescue and Destruction (Palgrave Studies in the History of Genocide) by Ilana Fritz Offenberger
English | 31 May 2017 | ISBN: 3319493574 | 352 Pages | PDF | 5.29 MB
This book examines Jewish life in Vienna just after the Nazi-takeover in 1938. Who were Vienna's Jews, how did they react and respond to Nazism, and why? Drawing upon the voices of the individuals and families who lived during this time, together with new archival documentation, Ilana Offenberger reconstructs the daily lives of Vienna's Jews from Anschluss in March 1938 through the entire Nazi occupation and the eventual dissolution of the Jewish community of Vienna. Offenberger explains how and why over two-thirds of the Jewish community emigrated from the country, while one-third remained trapped. A vivid picture emerges of the co-dependent relationship this community developed with their German masters, and the false hope they maintained until the bitter end. The Germans murdered close to one third of Vienna's Jewish population in the "final solution" and their family members who escaped the Reich before 1941 chose never to return; they remained dispersed across the world. This is not a triumphant history. Although the overwhelming majority survived the Holocaust, the Jewish community that once existed was destroyed.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36628
- 2012-05-12The History of Mathematics: An Introduction, 7 Edition - Removed
- 2011-12-03The History Boys (BBC Audio)
- 2011-08-30The History Boys [Full Cast Play]
- 2010-07-02The Order Has Been Carried Out: History, Memory, and Meaning of a Nazi Massacre in Rome (Palgrave Studies in Oral History) - Removed
- 2009-12-14Japanese-German Relations, 1895-1945 War and Diplomacy (Routledgecurzon Studies in the Modern History of Asia)
- 2018-09-07The History of Genocide in Cinema Atrocities on Screen
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Lysenko Controversy as a Global Phenomenon, Volume 2: Genetics and Agriculture in the Soviet Union and Beyond (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Economy of Modern Malta: From the Nineteenth to the Twenty-First Century (Palgrave Studies in Economic History)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Lysenko Controversy as a Global Phenomenon, Volume 1: Genetics and Agriculture in the Soviet Union and Beyond (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] An Oral History of the Portuguese Colonial War: Conscripted Generation (Palgrave Studies in Oral History)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Emotion, Ritual and Power in Europe, 1200-1920: Family, State and Church (Palgrave Studies in the History of Emotions)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Searching for Sasquatch: Crackpots, Eggheads, and Cryptozoology (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Industrial Collaboration in Nazi-Occupied Europe: Norway in Context (Palgrave Studies in Economic History)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Modern Acting: The Lost Chapter of American Film and Theatre (Palgrave Studies in Screen Industries and Performance)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Japan and the Great Divergence: A Short Guide (Palgrave Studies in Economic History)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Women of the First Nations: Power, Wisdom, and Strength (Manitoba Studies in Native History, 9)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Multinationals, Subsidiaries and National Business Systems: The Nickel Industry and Falconbridge Nikkelverk (Studies in Business History)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Is Spain Different?: A Comparative Look at the 19th and 20th Centuries (Studies in Spanish History)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Soldiers and Citizens: An Oral History of Operation Iraqi Freedom from the Battlefield to the Pentagon (Palgrave Studies in Oral History)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.