Posted on 2018-08-11, by nokia241186.
The Last Christians: Stories of Persecution, Flight, and Resilience in the Middle East by Andreas Knapp, translated by Sharon Howe
English | September 1, 2017 | ISBN: 0874860628 | PDF | 233 pages | 4 MB
A Westerner's travels among the persecuted and displaced Christian remnant in Iraq and Syria teach him much about faith under fire.
Gold Medal Winner, 2018 IPPY Book of the Year Award
Silver Medal Winner, 2018 Benjamin Franklin Award
Finalist, 2018 ECPA Christian Book Award
Inside Syria and Iraq, and even along the refugee trail, they're a religious minority persecuted for their Christian faith. Outside the Middle East, they're suspect because of their nationality. A small remnant of Christians is on the run from the Islamic State. If they are wiped out, or scattered to the corners of the earth, the language that Jesus spoke may be lost forever - along with the witness of a church that has modeled Jesus' way of nonviolence and enemy-love for two millennia.
The kidnapping, enslavement, torture, and murder of Christians by the Islamic State, or ISIS, have been detailed by journalists, as have the jihadists' deliberate efforts to destroy the cultural heritage of a region that is the cradle of Christianity. But some stories run deep, and without a better understanding of the religious and historical roots of the present conflict, history will keep repeating itself century after century.
Andreas Knapp, a priest who works with refugees in Germany, travelled to camps for displaced people in the Kurdish region of northern Iraq to collect stories of survivors - and to seek answers to troubling questions about the link between religion and violence. He found Christians who today still speak Syriac, a dialect of Aramaic, the language of Jesus. The uprooted remnant of ancient churches, they doggedly continue to practice their faith despite the odds. Their devastating eyewitness reports make it clear why millions are fleeing the Middle East. Yet, remarkably, though these last Christians hold little hope of ever returning to their homes, they also harbor no thirst for revenge. Could it be that they - along with the Christians of the West, whose interest will determine their fate - hold the key to breaking the cycle of violence in the region?
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36919
- 2010-08-29Islamic Jerusalem and its Christians: A History of Tolerance and Tensions (Library of Middle East History)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Devil is a Black Dog: Stories from the Middle East and Beyond
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Tower of the Sun: Stories from the Middle East and North Africa
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Eating the Landscape: American Indian Stories of Food, Identity, and Resilience (First Peoples: New Directions in Indigenous Studies)
- 2012-01-25The Greenwood Library of World Folktales: Stories from the Great Collections, Volume 1, Africa, The Middle East, Australia, and Oceania free ebook download
- 2011-12-31United States and the Middle East: 1914 to 9/11 (Audiobook) - Removed
- 2011-12-25A World of Trouble: The White House and the Middle East--from the Cold War to the War on Terror - Patrick Tyler
- 2011-12-04A World of Trouble: The White House and the Middle East--from the Cold War to the War on Terror - Patrick Tyler
- 2011-12-01A World of Trouble: The White House and the Middle East--from the Cold War to the War on Terror - Patrick Tyler
- 2011-11-02A World of Trouble: The White House and the Middle East--from the Cold War to the War on Terror free ebook download
- 2011-05-21The Middle East: The Impact of Generational Change (The Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern and African Studies)
- 2019-08-24Saudi Arabia and Iran Power and Rivalry in the Middle East
- 2019-07-16The Cambridge Ancient History Volume 2, Part 2 The Middle East and the Aegean Region, c.1380-1000...
- 2019-07-01Medicinal and Aromatic Plants of the Middle-East
- 2019-05-31Germany's Covert War in the Middle East: Espionage, Propaganda and Diplomacy in World War I
- 2019-05-10Congress and the Shaping of the Middle East
- 2019-05-10The World Through Arab Eyes Arab Public Opinion and the Reshaping of the Middle East
- 2019-03-28In a Pure Muslim Land: Shi'ism between Pakistan and the Middle East (Islamic Civilization and Muslim Networks)
- 2019-03-23The World Through Arab Eyes Arab Public Opinion and the Reshaping of the Middle East
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.