Posted on 2019-04-15, by Germany2020.
Artist: The Lee Boys
Title: Live On The East Coast
Year Of Release: 2019
Label: M.C. Records
Genre: Gospel, Blues, Rock
Quality: FLAC (tracks) | MP3 320 kbps
Total Time: 65:22
Total Size: 490 MB | 155 MB
1. In The Morning (6:40)
2. Walk With Me Lord (8:46)
3. Don't Let The Devil Ride (6:19)
4. Praise You (5:33)
5. I'll Take You There (4:44)
6. Come On Help Me Lift Him (4:33)
7. Lord Help Me To Hold Out (5:31)
8. Turn On Your Love Light (4:23)
9. Testify (7:19)
10. Walk With Me (6:05)
11. You Got To Move (5:23)
The Lee Boys are one of America's finest African-American sacred steel ensembles. This family group consists of three brothers, Alvin Lee (guitar), Derrick Lee and Keith Lee (vocals) along with their three nephews, Roosevelt Collier (pedal steel guitar), Alvin Cordy Jr. (7-string bass) and Earl Walker (drums). Each member began making music at the ages of 7 and 8 in the House of God church they attended in Perrine, FL. Here they underwent a rigorous course of training in a variety of musical instruments, including lap and pedal steel guitars. Born and raised in Miami, each of The Lee Boys grew up in the church where their father and grandfather, Rev. Robert E. Lee, was the pastor and a steel player himself.
"Sacred steel" is a type of music described as an inspired, unique form of Gospel music with a hard-driving, blues-based beat. The musical genre is rooted in Gospel, but infused with rhythm and blues, jazz, rock, funk, hip-hop, country and ideas from other nations. Influenced by the Hawaiian steel guitar fad of the 1930's, brothers Willie and Troman Eason brought the electric lap steel guitar into the worship services of the House of God church in Jacksonville, FL. The Pentecostal congregation embraced the soulful sound, and over time this unique sound became the hallmark of the church. The pedal steel guitar was added to the mix and soon became the central instrument. The Lee Boys are part of the fourth generation of musicians in this faith.
This music form was totally unknown to the world outside the church until the mid 1990's, when folklorist Robert Stone attended House of God services and recorded the music, as well as its history, contributing the name "sacred steel." A series of compilations featuring artists such as Aubrey Ghent, Calvin Cooke and the Campbell Brothers, as well as the late Glenn Lee followed on legendary roots label Arhoolie Records, for whom The Lee Boys also record.
When The Lee Boys bring their joyous spiritual sound to the stage, audiences instantly recognize that this is not "sitting and listening" music: dancing, shouting out, and having fun are considered essential parts of their tradition. Founder and bandleader Alvin Lee explains "The inspiration and feeling that comes along with our music is the reason that people feel good. It is like the new music on the block and it's just getting ready to explode!" It's mostly original material, with a few standards and hymns the group "blueses up a little." Audiences often dance, shout out, and always have a great time. In 2008-09 alone they performed for more than 250,000 music fans at festivals throughout the United States. In the process, their unique sound has attracted musical artists such as Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead, The Allman Brothers Band, The Black Crowes, Los Lobos, Michelle Shocked, Gov't Mule, Derek Trucks Band w/ Susan Tedeschi, The North Mississippi Allstars, Hill Country Revue, Umphrey's McGee, Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk, Oteil & Kofi Burbridge, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Toubab Krewe, Victor Wooten, The Del McCoury Band and The Travelin' McCourys- all of whom have played with the Lee Boys and/or invited them to tour with them.
For requests/re-ups, please send me private message.
- Ebooks list page : 40272
- 2018-06-26Modelling the East Coast Main Line in the British Railways Era
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Key West: Top Guns of the East Coast - Superbase 24
- 2013-06-09Key West: 'Top Guns' of the East Coast (Superbase 24) (Repost)
- 2009-12-30Key West: 'Top Guns' of the East Coast
- 2007-09-09Osprey - Superbase 24 - Key West. Top Guns of the East Coast
- 2011-10-14Increasing National Resilience to Hazards and Disasters: The Perspective from the Gulf Coast of Louisiana and Mississippi
- 2012-06-09Stukas over the Steppe: The Blitzkrieg in the East 1941-1945 (Luftwaffe at War 9)
- 2011-08-16The East Asian Miracle: Economic Growth and Public Policy (World Bank Policy Research Reports)
- 2011-06-28Rome the Greek World, and the East: Volume 1: The Roman Republic and the Augustan Revolution - Removed
- 2009-05-10Rome, the Greek World, and the East: Volume 2: Government, Society, and Culture in the Roman Empire - Removed
- 2009-04-22Rome, the Greek World, and the East: Volume 2: Government, Society, and Culture in the Roman Empire - Removed
- 2019-02-05VA - The Rough Guide to East Coast Blues (Limited Edition) (2015)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] After Defeat: How the East Learned to Live with the West (Cambridge Studies in International Relations)
- 2014-05-31Pharoah Sanders - Live At The East (1971)
- 2014-02-13King Pleasure & The Bisquit Boys - Live At Last (2010)
- 2014-02-05King Pleasure & The Bisquit Boys - Live At Last (2010)
- 2013-06-01Horn and Crescent: Cultural Change and Traditional Islam on the East African Coast, 800-1900 (African Studies) (repost)
- 2012-04-27Science and Empire: East Coast Fever in Rhodesia and the Transvaal
- 2011-09-18[MULTI] David Jacobs-Strain - Live From The Left Coast (FLAC) (2011)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.