Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2010-08-11. By anonymous.
Publisher: Oriental Institute | 2009 | ISBN 1885923600 | PDF | 135 pages | 4.6 MB
This companion volume and catalog to the exhibit that opens on February 9, 2009, traces the life of Meresamun, whose mummy, dating to about 800 B.C., is one of the highlights of The Oriental Institute museum in Chicago, IL. The text introduces the historical and cultural setting of Egypt during her time. Essays and artifacts examine the role of music and of musicians in Egyptian temple cults, their training, and the types of musical instruments that Meresamun would have used. The life of Meresamun outside the temple is explored, with emphasis upon her social and legal status, what other professions were available to her, and what home life was like. The study of the life of this individual is augmented by forensic evidence obtained with the newest generation of CT scanners that sheds life on Meresamun's life and death.
- Ebooks list page : 6893
- 2011-07-20Visible Language: Inventions of Writing in the Ancient Middle East and Beyond (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2011-07-05Excavations at Tall-e Bakun a: Seasons of 1932 And 1937, the Origins of State Organizations (University of Chicago Oriental Institute Publications) ... Institute of the University of Chicago)
- 2011-06-03The Road to Kadesh: A Historical Interpretation of the Battle Reliefs of King Sety I at Karnak (The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago)
- 2019-07-11The Religious Nile Water, Ritual and Society Since Ancient Egypt
- 2018-11-28Living with the Dead Ancestor Worship and Mortuary Ritual in Ancient Egypt
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Before the Pyramids: The Origins of Egyptian Civilization (Oriental Institute Museum Publications (Paperback))
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Living with the Dead: Ancestor Worship and Mortuary Ritual in Ancient Egypt
- 2017-12-25[PDF] European Cartographers and the Ottoman World, 1500-1750: Maps from the Collection of O.j. Sopranos (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
- 2014-04-19Living with the Dead: Ancestor Worship and Mortuary Ritual in Ancient Egypt
- 2014-04-17Living with the Dead: Ancestor Worship and Mortuary Ritual in Ancient Egypt
- 2014-03-05Divination and Interpretation of Signs in the Ancient World (Oriental Institute Seminars) (repost)
- 2011-03-09Divination and Interpretation of Signs in the Ancient World (Oriental Institute Seminars)
- 2011-02-26The Presentation of Maat: Ritual and Legitimacy in Ancient Egypt
- 2010-10-21Visible Language: Inventions of Writing in the Ancient Middle East and Beyond (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
- 2011-11-18The Quilting Bible (Singer Sewing Reference Library)
- 2011-07-15The New Sewing with a Serger (Singer)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Miley Cyrus: From Hannah Montana to Twerking On MTV, A Look At The Life of a Disney Child Star Who Grew Up to Be a Popular Singer and Social Media Powerhouse
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.