Posted on 2019-01-03, by nokia241186.
The Lives of the Constitution: Ten Exceptional Minds that Shaped America's Supreme Law by Joseph Tartakovsky
English | 2018-04-10 | ISBN-10: 1594039852 | 320 Pages
In a fascinating blend of biography and history, Joseph Tartakovsky tells the epic and unexpected story of our Constitution through the eyes of ten extraordinary individualsâ€•some renowned, like Alexander Hamilton and Woodrow Wilson, and some forgotten, like James Wilson and Ida B. Wells-Barnett. Tartakovsky brings to life their struggles over our supreme law from its origins in revolutionary America to the era of Obama and Trump. Sweeping from settings as diverse as Gold Rush California to the halls of Congress, and crowded with a vivid Dickensian cast, Tartakovsky shows how America's unique constitutional culture grapples with questions like democracy, racial and sexual equality, free speech, economic liberty, and the role of government. Joining the ranks of other great American storytellers, Tartakovsky chronicles how Daniel Webster sought to avert the Civil War; how Alexis de Tocqueville misunderstood America; how Robert Jackson balanced liberty and order in the battle against Nazism and Communism; and how Antonin Scalia died warning Americans about the ever-growing reach of the Supreme Court. From the 1787 Philadelphia Convention to the clash over gay marriage, this is a grand tour through two centuries of constitutional history as never told before, and an education in the principles that sustain America in the most astonishing experiment in government ever undertaken.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38408
- 2018-06-28The Lives of the Constitution Ten Exceptional Minds that Shaped America's Supreme Law
- 2018-05-23The Lives of the Constitution: Ten Exceptional Minds that Shaped America's Supreme Law
- 2019-01-06Great American Bestsellers - The Books That Shaped America (TTC Video)
- 2019-01-03The BTK Murders Inside the Bind Torture Kill Case that Terrified America's Heartland
- 2018-12-19The BTK Murders Inside the Bind Torture Kill Case that Terrified America's Heartland
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The Pacific Theater in 1942: The History of the Decisive Campaigns and Battles that Helped America Turn the Tide of World War II
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Thunder at the Gates: The Black Civil War Regiments That Redeemed America
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The New York Times The Times of the Sixties: The Culture, Politics, and Personalities that Shaped the Decade (The New York Times Decades)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The New York Times The Times of the Seventies: The Culture, Politics, and Personalities that Shaped the Decade
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The New York Times: The Times of the Eighties: The Culture, Politics, and Personalities that Shaped the Decade
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Jamestown Experiment: The Remarkable Story of the Enterprising Colony and the Unexpected Results That Shaped America
- 2017-12-12[PDF] The Island at the Center of the World: The Epic Story of Dutch Manhattan and the Forgotten Colony That Shaped America
- 2017-11-21[PDF] The Naval Warfare of World War II: The History of the Ships, Tactics, and Battles that Shaped the Fighting in the Atlantic and Pacific
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Paradox of Tar Heel Politics: The Personalities, Elections, and Events That Shaped Modern North Carolina
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Nomonhan, 1939: The Red Army's Victory That Shaped World War II
- 2017-10-25Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans: The Battle That Shaped America's Destiny
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Housing Innovation: The Policies, Programs and People That Shaped Innovation in Housing, 1990-2013
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Next Big Thing: A History of the Boom-or-Bust Moments That Shaped the Modern World
- 2017-10-11[PDF] It Happened on the Underground Railroad: Remarkable Events that Shaped History (It Happened in America)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.