Posted on 2007-05-23, updated at 2007-05-27. By anonymous.
A massive reference work on the scale of MITECS (The MIT Encyclopedia of Cognitive Sciences), The MIT Encyclopedia of Communication Disorders will become the standard reference in this field for both research and clinical use. It offers almost 200 detailed entries, covering the entire range of communication and speech disorders in children and adults, from basic science to clinical diagnosis.
MITECD is divided into four sections that reflect the standard categories within the field (also known as speech-language pathology and audiology): Voice, Speech, Language, and Hearing. Within each category, entries are organized into three subsections: Basic Science, Disorders, and Clinical Management. Basic Science includes relevant information on normal anatomy and physiology, physics, psychology and psychophysics, and linguistics; this provides a scientific foundation for entries in the other subsections. The entries that appear under Disorders offer information on the definition and characterization of specific disorders, and tools for their identification and assessment. The Clinical Management subsection describes appropriate interventions, including behavioral, pharmacological, surgical, and prosthetic.
Because the approach to communication disorders can be quite different for children and adults, many topics include separate entries reflecting this. Although some disorders that are first diagnosed in childhood may persist in some form throughout adulthood, many disorders can have an onset in either childhood or adulthood, and the timing of onset can have many implications for both assessment and intervention.
Topics covered in MITECD include cochlear implants for children and adults, pitch perception, tinnitus, alaryngeal voice and speech rehabilitation, neural mechanisms of vocalization, holistic voice therapy techniques, computer-based approaches to children?s speech and language disorders, neurogenic mutism, regional dialect, agrammatism, global aphasia, and psychosocial problems associated with communicative disorders.
Download address 1
Download address 2
Download address 3
- Ebooks list page : 309
- 2007-05-27The MIT Encyclopedia of Communication Disorders
- 2010-01-04The MIT Encyclopedia of Communication Disorders (repost)
- 2008-05-19The MIT Encyclopedia of Communication Disorders
- 2008-02-25The MIT Encyclopedia of Communication Disorders (Bradford Books)
- 2012-03-27The Gale Encyclopedia of Neurological Disorders (2 Volume Set) - Removed
- 2011-08-09The MIT Encyclopedia of the Cognitive Sciences
- 2011-10-02[request]The Resilient Enterprise
- 2011-11-05The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols: The Ultimate A-Z Guide from Alchemy to the Zodiac
- 2011-08-03The MIT Guide to Teaching Web Site Design
- 2018-11-28The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders - 2 Volume Set
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders, 2nd Edition (2 Volume Set)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Cambridge Handbook of Communication Disorders
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The International Encyclopedia of Communication
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The MIT Encyclopedia of the Japanese Economy - 2nd Edition
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders - 2 Volume Set
- 2017-04-12[PDF] The Gale Encyclopedia of Neurological Disorders (2 Volume Set)
- 2017-04-07[PDF] The Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders (2 Volume Set)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The MIT Encyclopedia of the Japanese Economy - 2nd Edition
- 2013-11-02The Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Disorders (2 Volume Set) [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.