Posted on 2019-07-11, by voska89.
Andrew Hacker, "The Math Myth: And Other STEM Delusions"
2016 | ISBN: 1620970686 | English | 240 pages | PDF/EPUB | 3 MB/15 MB
Andrew Hacker's 2012 New York Times op-ed questioning the requirement of advanced mathematics in our schools instantly became one of the paper's most widely circulated articles. Why, he wondered, do we inflict a full menu of mathematics-algebra, geometry, trigonometry, even calculus-on all young Americans, regardless of their interests or aptitudes?
The Math Myth expands Hacker's scrutiny of many widely held assumptions, like the notions that mathematics broadens our minds, that mastery of azimuths and asymptotes will be needed for most jobs, that the entire Common Core syllabus should be required of every student. He worries that a frenzied emphasis on STEM is diverting attention from other pursuits and subverting the spirit of the country.
In fact, Hacker honors mathematics as a calling (he has been a professor of mathematics) and extols its glories and its goals. Yet he shows how mandating it for everyone prevents other talents from being developed and acts as an irrational barrier to graduation and careers. He proposes alternatives, including teaching facility with figures, quantitative reasoning, and understanding statistics.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40854
- 2017-10-13[PDF] The Math Myth: And Other STEM Delusions
- 2011-11-02Derek and The Dominos Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
- 2012-05-16Autologous And Cancer Stem Cell Gene Therapy
- 2012-01-23Normal Gets You Nowhere: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You
- 2009-11-10[request]What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures
- 2019-07-26^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read The Gluten Lie: And Other Myths About What You Eat by Alan Levinovitz Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI]
- 2019-07-05@#(Excellent) - Why You Should Read Ursula K. Le Guin: The Last Interview and Other Conversations by Ursula K. Le Guin Online or Download [$PDF $EPUB $MOBI]
- 2019-05-10The Perfect Egg and Other Secrets
- 2019-05-07Julia Child The Last Interview and Other Conversations
- 2019-03-27Julia Child The Last Interview and Other Conversations
- 2019-03-25The Perfect Egg and Other Secrets
- 2019-03-24The Blood-Brain and Other Neural Barriers Reviews and Protocols
- 2019-03-21The Blood-Brain and Other Neural Barriers Reviews and Protocols
- 2019-03-20Wild Horse Country: The History, Myth, and Future of the Mustang
- 2019-03-11The Blue Man and Other Stories of the Skin
- 2019-03-06The Blood-Brain and Other Neural Barriers Reviews and Protocols
- 2019-02-06Chop Suey Nation: The Legion Cafe and Other Stories from Canada's Chinese Restaurants
- 2019-02-05Does an Apple a Day Keep the Doctor Away?: And Other Questions About Your Health and Body
- 2019-01-25The Spiritual Meaning of the Sixties The Magic, Myth, and Music of the Decade That Changed the World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.