Posted on 2018-12-15, by voska89.
The Origin of the Jews: The Quest for Roots in a Rootless Age By Steven Weitzman
2017 | 408 Pages | ISBN: 0691174601 | PDF | 14 MB
The first major history of the scholarly quest to answer the question of Jewish originsThe Jews have one of the longest continuously recorded histories of any people in the world, but what do we actually know about their origins? While many think the answer to this question can be found in the Bible, others look to archaeology or genetics. Some skeptics have even sought to debunk the very idea that the Jews have a common origin. In this book, Steven Weitzman takes a learned and lively look at what we know-or think we know-about where the Jews came from, when they arose, and how they came to be.Scholars have written hundreds of books on the topic and have come up with scores of explanations, theories, and historical reconstructions, but this is the first book to trace the history of the different approaches that have been applied to the question, including genealogy, linguistics, archaeology, psychology, sociology, and genetics. Weitzman shows how this quest has been fraught since its inception with religious and political agendas, how anti-Semitism cast its long shadow over generations of learning, and how recent claims about Jewish origins have been difficult to disentangle from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He does not offer neatly packaged conclusions but invites readers on an intellectual adventure, shedding new light on the assumptions and biases of those seeking answers-and the challenges that have made finding answers so elusive.Spanning more than two centuries and drawing on the latest findings, The Origin of the Jews brings needed clarity and historical context to this enduring and often divisive topic.Steven Weitzman is the Abraham M. Ellis Professor of Hebrew and Semitic Languages and Literatures and Ella Darivoff Director of the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies at the University of Pennsylvania. His books include Solomon: The Lure of Wisdom and Surviving Sacrilege: Cultural Persistence in Jewish Antiquity.
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 38149
- 2012-05-19Germany's Panther Tank: The Quest for Combat Supremacy
- 2011-09-05Brain Facts: A Primer on the Brain and Nervous System free ebook download
- 2012-01-12video2brain - Uwe Braunschweig The Quest. Fantasy-Composings mit dem gewissen Etwas
- 2011-09-16Scars of Mirrodin: The Quest for Karn: Scars of Mirrodin Block (Magic: the Gathering)
- 2011-08-06Vaulting Ambition: Sociobiology and the Quest for Human Nature
- 2010-11-03Thomas L. Brodie - The Quest for the Origin of John's Gospel: A Source-Oriented Approach
- 2019-05-10The Elegant Universe Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory
- 2019-05-06Beyond the Quest for the Historical Jesus Memoir of a Discovery
- 2019-05-05The Quest for a Moral Compass A Global History of Ethics
- 2019-04-19Banking in Europe: The Quest for Profitability after the Great Financial Crisis
- 2019-04-08Peter Pan The Quest for the Never Book 2018 DVDRip x264 [MW]
- 2019-04-04Peter Pan The Quest for the Never Book 2018 DVDRip x264-SPOOKS
- 2019-03-26Herping Texas The Quest for Reptiles and Amphibians
- 2019-03-25China's Conservative Revolution: The Quest for a New Order, 1927-1949
- 2019-03-24Beyond the Quest for the Historical Jesus Memoir of a Discovery
- 2019-03-20Chinese Alchemy Taoism, the Power of Gold, and the Quest for Immortality
- 2019-03-18The Quest for a Moral Compass A Global History of Ethics
- 2019-03-18The Elegant Universe Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory
- 2019-03-11An Unnatural History of Religions Academia, Post-truth and the Quest for Scientific Knowledge
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.