Author: Siegmund Brandt
Date: December, 2000
Posted on 2012-01-03, by 4bookholic.
The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics
Siegmund Brandt | Springer | December, 2000 | 464 pages | English | PDF
The aim of this book is to explain the basic concepts and phenomena of quantum mechanics by means of visualization. Computer-generated illustrations are used extensively throughout the text, helping to establish the relation between quantum mechanics --- wave functions, interference, atomic structure, and so forth --- and classical physics --- point mechanics, statistical mechanics, and wave optics. Even more important, by studying the pictures in parallel with the text, readers develop an intuition for such notoriously abstract phenomena as - the tunnel effect - excitation and decay of metastable states - wave packet motion within a well - systems of distinguishable and indistinguishable particles - free wave packets and scattering in 3 dimensions - angular momentum decomposition - stationary bound states in various 3-dimensional potentials - Kepler motion of wave packets in the Coulomb field - Spin and magnetic resonance Illustrations from experiments in a variety of fields, including chemistry, and molecular, atomic, nuclear, and particle physics, underline the basic as well as the practical importance of quantum mechanics. Illustrations from experiments in a variety of fields, including chemistry, and molecular, atomic, nuclear, and particle physics, underline the basic as well as the practical importance of quantum mechanics. From reviews of earlier editions: Most serious students of physics and all of their teachers will want to consider having this orderly and graphic outline of introductory quantum theory at their fingertips. --- American Journal of Physics The book is of high quality and well written.... [It] helps the student of quantum mechanics get a better intuition of the subject. --- International Journal of Quantum Chemistry This is a unique book. --- Nature
- Ebooks list page : 16731
- 2011-12-31The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics - Siegmund Brandt
- 2011-12-28The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics - Siegmund Brandt
- 2011-12-02The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics - Siegmund Brandt
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics,4th edition - Removed
- 2017-11-02[PDF] The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics - Removed
- 2017-02-09[PDF] The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics - Removed
- 2014-04-12The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics (4th edition) (repost) - Removed
- 2013-11-07The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics (repost)
- 2013-01-07The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics (4th edition)
- 2011-10-30The Picture Book of Quantum Mechanics
- 2012-05-18The Hitler Book
- 2012-03-13Rudyard Kipling - The Jungle Book
- 2012-03-08The Complete Book of Drawing Techniques: A Complete Guide for the Artist by Peter Stanyer
- 2012-03-07Ted Gambordella - The Complete Book Of Wrist Locks
- 2011-11-25Advanced Quantum Mechanics by Franz Schwabl
- 2011-11-24The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments. How to Set Up a Home Laboratory. Over 200 Simple Experiments by Robert Brent
- 2011-09-11The Marvel Book of American Ships
- 2019-07-02The Black Book of Quantum Chromodynamics A Primer for the LHC Era
- 2019-03-17The Amazing Story of Quantum Mechanics A Math-Free Exploration of the Science That Made Our World...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.