Posted on 2010-10-25. By anonymous.
The Pilgrim's Progress from This World to That Which Is to Come is a Christian allegory written by John Bunyan and published in February, 1678. It is regarded as one of the most significant works of religious English literature, has been translated into more than 200 languages, and has never been out of print. Bunyan began his work while in the Bedfordshire county gaol for violations of the Conventicle Act, which prohibited the holding of religious services outside the auspices of the established Church of England. Early Bunyan scholars like John Brown believed The Pilgrim's Progress was begun in Bunyan's second shorter imprisonment for six months in 1675, but more recent scholars like Roger Sharrock believe that it was begun during Bunyan's initial, more lengthy imprisonment from 1660-1672 right after he had written his spiritual autobiography, Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners.
The English text comprises 108,260 words and is divided into two parts, each reading as a continuous narrative with no chapter divisions.
The first part was completed in 1677 and entered into the stationers' register on December 22, 1677. It was licensed and entered in the "Term Catalogue" on February 18, 1678, which is looked upon as the date of first publication. After the first edition of the first part in 1678, an expanded edition, with additions written after Bunyan was freed, appeared in 1679. The Second Part appeared in 1684. There were eleven editions of the first part in John Bunyan's lifetime, published in successive years from 1678 to 1685 and in 1688, and there were two editions of the second part, published in 1684 and 1686.
- Ebooks list page : 7986
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The Pilgrim's Progress (Dover Thrift Editions)
- 2019-01-16The Pilgrim's Progress (Barnes & Noble Classics)
- 2019-01-11The Pilgrim's Progress (Barnes & Noble Classics)
- 2018-12-28The Pilgrim's Progress (Barnes & Noble Classics)
- 2012-11-07The Litigators: A Novel by John Grisham (PDF) - Removed
- 2010-10-28The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan PDF
- 2010-01-31The Pilgrim's Progress (Audiobook)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Graceful Reading: Theology and Narrative in the Works of John Bunyan
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Graceful Reading: Theology and Narrative in the Works of John Bunyan
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Strings Attached: The Life and Music of John Williams
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Filth of Progress: Immigrants, Americans, and the Building of Canals and Railroads in the West
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Monad to Man: The Concept of Progress in Evolutionary Biology
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Life and Work of John C. Campbell - Removed
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The King of Skid Row: John Bacich and the Twilight Years of Old Minneapolis
- 2018-01-27[PDF] The Life and Works of John Napier
- 2018-01-26[PDF] The Way of a Pilgrim and The Pilgrim Continues His Way (Shambhala Classics)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Radon Transform (Progress in Mathematics) (Vol 5)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Escape Artist: The Life and Films of John Sturges (Wisconsin Studies in Film)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] A Need To Kill: The True-Crime Account of John Joubert, Nebraska's Most Notorious Serial Child Killer
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.