The Psychology of Entertainment Media: Blurring the Lines Between Entertainment and Persuasion [Repost]
Posted on 2012-01-20. By anonymous.
L. J. Shrum - The Psychology of Entertainment Media: Blurring the Lines Between Entertainment and Persuasion
Publisher: RÐ¾utledge | 2003-09-01 | ISBN: 0805846417 | PDF | 312 pages | 5.19 MB
The Psychology of Entertainment Media provides a cutting-edge look at how entertainment media affects its viewers, both in intended and unintended ways, and the psychological processes that underlie these effects. The collection represents an international, multidisciplinary investigation of an age-old process--persuasion--in a relatively new guise, which includes product placements, brand films, television programs, and sponsorships.
The collection covers three broad areas:
the potential effects of embedding promotions within entertainment media content;
the persuasive power of the entertainment media content itself; and
individual differences in the interplay between media usage and media effects.
Contributions focus on a variety of topics, including product placement, subliminal perception, narrative impact, cultivation effects on consumers, and individual differences in media use. Virtually all the chapters speak to the issue of how entertainment media are processed, with the conclusion that media consumers do tend to process entertainment and promotional information differently.
Providing a broad perspective on how entertainment media may have an effect that goes largely unnoticed or unattended by consumers, this volume makes a substantial contribution toward creating a more knowledgeable field, as well as a more knowledgeable consumer. With its origins in the 21st Annual Advertising and Consumer Psychology Conference, the volume represents scholarship from prominent and emerging scholars in psychology, marketing, and communications. It is appropriate for advanced students and scholars in marketing, advertising, psychology, and mass communication; for research-focused practitioners working in marketing, advertising, and public policy; and for individuals interested in entertainment studies, consumer behavior, attitudes, persuasion, media studies, and consumer psychology.
>>> Download many interesting free eBooks HERE <<<
- Ebooks list page : 17163
- 2011-12-19The Hole Between Mine and Yours Liquid Logic from a Dirty Tumbler - The Hole Between
- 2011-11-27The Hole Between Mine and Yours Liquid Logic from a Dirty Tumbler - The Hole Between
- 2011-09-19Roman's Lab Vol. 65 - The Difference Between Sound and Unsound Ways To Play Sharp Openings
- 2013-10-05Ecological Psychology: Healing the Split Between Planet and Self [Repost]
- 2014-06-05Quantifying and Exploring the Gap Between FPGAs and ASICs (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-04-29Other Minds: How Humans Bridge the Divide between Self and Others (repost)
- 2014-04-25Moral Tribes: Emotion, Reason, and the Gap Between Us and Them (Repost)
- 2014-04-25Thinking Animation: Bridging the Gap Between 2D and CG [Repost]
- 2014-03-17Scenario Planning: The Link Between Future and Strategy (repost) - Removed
- 2013-12-19Skeletal Muscle As a Response Target: The Link Between Growth and Metabolism (repost)
- 2013-12-05The Healing Connection: The Story of a Physician's Search for the Link Between Faith and Health [Repost]
- 2013-09-02Handbook of Evidence-Based Psychodynamic Psychotherapy: Bridging the Gap Between Science and Practice [Repost]
- 2013-08-16Handbook of Evidence-Based Psychodynamic Psychotherapy: Bridging the Gap Between Science and Practice (Repost)
- 2013-07-30Rational Mysticism: Dispatches from the Border Between Science and Spirituality [Repost]
- 2013-05-19History of the Conflict between Religion and Science (repost)
- 2013-05-15Memory, Trauma and World Politics: Reflections on the Relationship Between Past and Present [Repost]
- 2013-04-27Philosophers at War: The Quarrel between Newton and Leibniz (repost)
- 2013-03-02Intelligent Tinkering: Bridging the Gap between Science and Practice (Repost)
- 2013-02-20Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality (Repost) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.