Posted on 2014-01-06, by soc_arm7.
The Sacred Cinema of Andrei Tarkovsky
English | 2006 | 581 Pages | ISBN: 1861710283 , 1861710968 | PDF | 18 mb
A major new study of Russian filmmaker Andrei Tarkovsky (1932-1986), director of seven feature films, including Mirror, Andrei Roublyov, Solaris and The Sacrifice. This book explores every aspect of Andrei Tarkovsky's output in the most detailed fashion - including scripts, budget, production, shooting, editing, camera, sound, music, acting, themes, symbols, motifs, and spirituality. Tarkovsky's films are analyzed in depth, with scene-by-scene discussions.
This is an important addition to film studies, the most painstaking study of Andrei Tarkovsky's work available.
Contains 150 illustrations, of Tarkovsky's films, Tarkovsky at work, his contemporaries, and his favourite painters.
Andrei Tarkovsky is one of the most fascinating of filmmakers. He is supremely romantic, an old-fashioned, traditional artist - at home in the company Leonardo da Vinci, Pieter Brueghel, Aleksandr Pushkin, Fyodor Dostoievsky and Byzantine icon painters. Tarkovsky is a magician, no question, but argues for demystification (even while films celebrate mystery). His films are full of magical events, dreams, memory sequences, multiple viewpoints, multiple time zones and bizarre occurrences.
As genre films, Andrei Tarkovsky's movies are some of the most accomplished in cinema. As science fiction films, Stalker and Solaris have no superiors, and very few peers. Only the greatest sci-fi films can match them: Metropolis, King Kong, Close Encounters of the Third Kind and 2001: A Space Odyssey. Tarkovsky happily and methodically rewrote the rules of the sci-fi genre: Stalker and Solaris are definitely not routine genre outings. They don't have the monsters, the aliens, the visual effects, the battles, the laser guns, the stunts and action set-pieces of regular science fiction movies.
No one could deny that Andrei Roublyov is one of the greatest historical films to explore the Middle Ages, up there with The Seventh Seal, El Cid, The Navigator and Pier Paolo Pasolini's 'Life' trilogy. If you judge Andrei Roublyov in terms of historical accuracy, epic spectacle, serious themes, or cinematic poetry, it comes out at the top. Finally, in the religious film genre, The Sacrifice and Nostalghia are among the finest in cinema, the equals of the best of Ingmar Bergman, Luis Bunuel, Robert Bresson and Carl-Theodor Dreyer.
- Ebooks list page : 24547
- 2013-12-27The Sacred Cinema of Andrei Tarkovsky
- 2013-12-21The Sacred Cinema of Andrei Tarkovsky
- 2013-04-18Peter Green - Andrei Tarkovsky: The Winding Quest (1993) [1 Scan (PDF)]
- 2012-05-05Andrei Tarkovsky: The Winding Quest
- 2012-04-17The Films of Andrei Tarkovsky: A Visual Fugue
- 2012-02-21Andrei Tarkovsky: Elements of Cinema
- 2012-01-24Curious Visions of Modernity: Enchantment, Magic, and the Sacred
- 2017-02-18The Sacred Stone
- 2017-02-17[PDF] Spaces of the Sacred and Profane: Dickens, Trollope, and the Victorian Cathedral Town (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Education, Politics and Religion: Reconciling the Civil and the Sacred in Education
- 2017-02-13[PDF] The Hidden Cinema: British Film Censorship in Action 1913-1972 (Cinema and Society)
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The Sacred Mushroom: Key to the Door of Eternity
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Golden Cord: A Short Book on the Secular and the Sacred
- 2017-01-13[PDF] The Sacred Scroll
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Reimagining the Sacred: Richard Kearney Debates God with James Wood, Catherine Keller, Charles Taylor, Julia Kristeva, Gianni Vattimo, Simon ... Studies in Religion, Politics, and Culture)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Feminine and the Sacred (European Perspectives: A Series in Social Thought and Cultural Criticism)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] What Color Is the Sacred?
- 2017-01-11[PDF] The Sacred Quest: An invitation to the Study of Religion (6th Edition)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Bringing the Sacred Down to Earth: Adventures in Comparative Religion
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.