Posted on 2014-01-18. By anonymous.
JÃ¡nos LÃ¡szlÃ³ - The Science of Stories: An Introduction to Narrative Psychology
Published: 2008-05-30 | ISBN: 0415457955, 0415457947 | PDF | 240 pages | 3 MB
The Science of Stories explores the role narrative plays in human life. Supported by in-depth research, the book demonstrates how the ways in which people tell their stories can be indicative of how they construct their worlds and their own identities.
Based on linguistic analysis and computer technology, Laszlo offers an innovative methodology which aims to uncover underlying psychological processes in narrative texts. The reader is presented with a theoretical framework along with a series of studies which explore the way a systematic linguistic analysis of narrative discourse can lead to a scientific study of identity construction, both individual and group.
The book gives a critical overview of earlier narrative theories and summarizes previous scientific attempts to uncover relationships between language and personality. It also deals with social memory and group identity: various narrative forms of historical representations (history books, folk narratives, historical novels) are analyzed as to how they construct the past of a nation.
The Science of Stories is the first book to build a bridge between scientific and hermeneutic studies of narratives. As such, it will be of great interest to a diverse spectrum of readers in social science and the liberal arts, including those in the fields of cognitive science, social psychology, linguistics, philosophy, literary studies and history.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 24737
- 2013-05-18The Science of Stories: An Introduction to Narrative Psychology (repost)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] The Science of Stories: An Introduction to Narrative Psychology
- 2017-02-16[PDF] The Science of Stories: An Introduction to Narrative Psychology
- 2013-09-19The Science of Stories: An Introduction to Narrative Psychology by Janos Laszlo
- 2013-09-18The Science of Stories: An Introduction to Narrative Psychology by Janos Laszlo
- 2017-04-10[PDF] The Science of Stories: Applications of the Narrative Policy Framework in Public Policy Analysis
- 2012-01-03From Neurons to Neighborhoods : The Science of Early Childhood Development - Committee On Integrating The Science Of Early Childhood Development, Youth, And Families Board On Ch
- 2011-10-14Naval Engineering in the 21st Century: The Science and Technology Foundation for Future Naval Fleets
- 2011-08-31Advancing the Science of Climate Change
- 2011-08-17Advancing the Science of Climate Change (National Research Council)
- 2007-11-03Algorithms and Data Structures: The Science of Computing
- 2012-12-18The Quest for the Cure: The Science and Stories Behind the Next Generation of Medicines [Repost]
- 2012-02-25The Quest for the Cure: The Science and Stories Behind the Next Generation of Medicines
- 2011-11-22The Science of Phototherapy: An Introduction
- 2011-08-15The Science of Phototherapy: An Introduction
- 2011-03-26The Science of Stories
- 2009-06-20The Science of Phototherapy: An Introduction
- 2014-06-06Thanks for the Feedback: The Science and Art of Receiving Feedback Well (Audiobook) (Repost)
- 2014-04-04The Queen of Mathematics: An Introduction to Number Theory (Repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.