The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It
Posted on 2014-05-09. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 0307452719, 0307452727 | 2011 | 304 pages | EPUB, MOBI | 2 MB
Itâ€™s only because they like me. I was in the right place at the right time. I just work harder than the others. I donâ€™t deserve this. Itâ€™s just a matter of time before I am found out. Someone must have made a terrible mistake.
If you are a working woman, chances are this internal monologue sounds all too familiar. And youâ€™re not alone. From the high-achieving Ph.D. candidate convinced sheâ€™s only been admitted to the program because of a clerical error to the senior executive who worries others will find out sheâ€™s in way over her head, a shocking number of accomplished women in all career paths and at every level feel as though they are faking itâ€”impostors in their own lives and careers.
While the impostor syndrome is not unique to women, women are more apt to agonize over tiny mistakes, see even constructive criticism as evidence of their shortcomings, and chalk up their accomplishments to luck rather than skill. They often unconsciously overcompensate with crippling perfectionism, overpreparation, maintaining a lower profile, withholding their talents and opinions, or never finishing important projects. When they do succeed, they think, Phew, I fooled â€™em again.
An internationally known speaker, Valerie Young has devoted her career to understanding womenâ€™s most deeply held beliefs about themselves and their success. In her decades of in-the-trenches research, she has uncovered the often surprising reasons why so many accomplished women experience this crushing self-doubt.
In The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women, Young gives these women the solution they have been seeking. Combining insightful analysis with effective advice and anecdotes, she explains what the impostor syndrome is, why fraud fears are more common in women, and how you can recognize the way it manifests in your life. With her empowering, step-by-step plan, you will learn to take ownership of your success, overcome self-doubt, and banish the thought patterns that undermine your ability to feelâ€”and actâ€”as bright and capable as others already know you are.
- Ebooks list page : 26739
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It
- 2017-01-17[PDF] The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women: Why Capable People Suffer from the Impostor Syndrome and How to Thrive in Spite of It
- 2014-06-06The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women
- 2011-10-24Successful Houses And How To Build Them
- 2019-11-03The Irrational Ape: Why Flawed Logic Puts us all at Risk and How Critical Thinking Can Save the World
- 2018-07-14Hearts And Minds The Untold Story of the Great Pilgrimage and How Women Won the Vote
- 2018-07-10Hearts And Minds: The Untold Story of the Great Pilgrimage and How Women Won the Vote
- 2018-06-26Hearts And Minds The Untold Story of the Great Pilgrimage and How Women Won the Vote
- 2018-03-11The H Factor of Personality: Why Some People Are Manipulative, Self-Entitled, Materialistic, and Exploitive-And Why It Matters
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Successful Women Speak Differently: 9 Habits That Build Confidence, Courage, and Influence
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Smart Girls Marry Money: How Women Have Been Duped Into the Romantic Dream And How They're Paying For It
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Immigrant, Inc.: Why Immigrant Entrepreneurs Are Driving the New Economy (and how they will save the American worker)
- 2017-11-02[PDF] Game Plan - The 25 Secret Strategies of the Martial Arts: The 25 Secret Strategies of the Martial Arts and How to Use Them to Build Great Life
- 2014-01-16Smart Girls Marry Money: How Women Have Been Duped Into the Romantic Dream - And How They're Paying For It [Repost]
- 2009-07-01Smart Girls Marry Money: How Women Have Been Duped Into the Romantic Dream--And How They're Paying For It
- 2019-10-24Hands-On Dark Web Analysis: Learn what goes on in the Dark Web, and how to work with it
- 2019-07-17The Highly Sensitive Person How to Thrive When the World Overwhelms You
- 2019-06-26American Breakdown The Trump Years and How They Befell Us
- 2019-06-25American Breakdown The Trump Years and How They Befell Us
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.