Posted on 2019-03-27, by voska89.
The Spanish Disquiet: The Biblical Natural Philosophy of Benito Arias Montano by María M. Portuondo
2019 | ISBN: 022659226X | English | 448 pages | PDF | 3 MB
In this book, historian María M. Portuondo takes us to sixteenth-century Spain, where she identifies a community of natural philosophers and biblical scholars. They shared what she calls the "Spanish Disquiet"-a preoccupation with the perceived shortcomings of prevailing natural philosophies and empirical approaches when it came to explaining the natural world.
Foremost among them was Benito Arias Montano-Spain's most prominent biblical scholar and exegete of the sixteenth century. He was also a widely read member of the European intellectual community, and his motivation to reform natural philosophy shows that the Spanish Disquiet was a local manifestation of greater concerns about Aristotelian natural philosophy that were overtaking Europe on the eve of the Scientific Revolution. His approach to the study of nature framed the natural world as unfolding from a series of events described in the Book of Genesis, ultimately resulting in a new metaphysics, cosmology, physics, and even a natural history of the world. By bringing Arias Montano's intellectual and personal biography into conversation with broader themes that inform histories of science of the era, The Spanish Disquiet ensures an appreciation of the variety and richness of Arias Montano's thought and his influence on early modern science.
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40031
- 2009-08-06The Salt of the Earth: Natural Philosophy, Medicine, and Chymistry in England, 1650-1750
- 2009-03-13The Salt of the Earth: Natural Philosophy, Medicine, and Chymistry in England, 1650-1750
- 2011-09-03Isaac Newton's Natural Philosophy (Dibner Institute Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- 2011-07-14Isaac Newton's Natural Philosophy (Dibner Institute Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- 2011-11-18Maurice Blanchot: The Refusal of Philosophy
- 2011-10-01The Companion to Philosophy and Music
- 2011-06-08Relativism and the Foundations of Philosophy (Bradford Books)
- 2019-05-10The Bible and Natural Philosophy in Renaissance Italy Jewish and Christian Physicians in Search o
- 2019-03-26The Bible and Natural Philosophy in Renaissance Italy Jewish and Christian Physicians in Search o...
- 2019-01-31The Natural Philosophy of Margaret Cavendish Reason and Fancy during the Scientific Revolution
- 2018-06-26See this image Chance and Necessity An Essay on the Natural Philosophy of Modern Biology
- 2018-05-07Lonely Planets The Natural Philosophy of Alien Life
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Plasma Turbulence (Monographs in Natural Philosophy, Volume 44)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] An introduction to the phenomenological theory of ferroelectricity, (International series of monographs in natural philosophy)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Thomas Hobbes and the Politics of Natural Philosophy
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Natural philosophy of Emanuel Swedenborg: A Study in the Conceptual Metaphors of the Mechanistic World-View (Studies in the History of Philosophy of Mind) - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] A Preliminary Discourse on the Study of Natural Philosophy (Cambridge Library Collection - Physical Sciences)
- 2017-12-29[PDF] The Natural Philosophy of Margaret Cavendish: Reason and Fancy during the Scientific Revolution
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Medical Humanism and Natural Philosophy: Renaissance Debates on Matter, Life and the Soul
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.