Posted on 2018-08-16, by nokia241186.
Dennis Cruywagen, "The Spiritual Mandela: Faith and Religion in the Life of Nelson Mandela"
ISBN: 1623545307 | 2018 | EPUB | 240 pages | 3 MB
In the first book of its kind, an acclaimed South African journalist and former parliamentary spokesperson for the ANC shares how Nelson Mandela balanced his Christian faith with his political views, exploring how the beloved leader reconciled his own beliefs with the hard truth that religion had often been used as a tool to oppress his people.
Â¦ "Insightful. . . a nuanced understanding of how faith influenced the renowned civil rights activist."
- Publishers Weekly, starred review
". . .illuminating and an essential addition to studies of Mandela's life and work."
Nelson Mandela revealed nothing about his personal religious beliefs in his writings or in his public pronouncements. But those who were close to him know that he held Christian views. At his request, the final components of his funeral followed the Methodist service.
Acclaimed journalist Dennis Cruywagen traces the spiritual component of Mandela's life, from his youth in a traditional Thembu village to his education at Wesleyan and Methodist mission schools to his time as an activist to his period on Robben Island and the years thereafter. Based on interviews with some of Mandela's close colleagues, such as Ahmed Kathrada, as well as priests and other religious figures with whom he interacted, this book unearths an unknown dimension of one of recent history's most respected men.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36967
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2009-12-06The Biology of Religious Behavior: The Evolutionary Origins of Faith and Religion
- 2013-12-11The Four Levels of Healing: A Guide to Balancing the Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, and Physical Aspects of Life
- 2013-11-30The Four Levels of Healing: A Guide to Balancing the Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, and Physical Aspects of Life [Repost]
- 2009-07-27Shakti Gawain - The Four Levels of Healing: A Guide to Balancing the Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, and Physical Aspects of Life
- 2011-12-31Philosophy and Religion in the West (Audiobook) - Removed
- 2011-11-03Negotiating Darwin: The Vatican Confronts Evolution, 1877-1902 (Medicine, Science, and Religion in Historical Context)
- 2011-08-01Negotiating Darwin: The Vatican Confronts Evolution, 1877-1902 (Medicine, Science, and Religion in Historical Context)
- 2011-06-26Healing at the Borderland of Medicine and Religion - Removed
- 2018-12-15Divided by Faith Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America
- 2018-10-29Religion in the News Faith and Journalism in American Public Discourse
- 2018-08-05Faith and Power Religion and Politics in the Middle East
- 2018-05-07Religion and Resistance in Appalachia Faith and the Fight against Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Kierkegaard and the Life of Faith: The Aesthetic, the Ethical, and the Religious in Fear and Trembling (Indiana Series in the Philosophy of Religion)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Faith and Power: Religion and Politics in the Middle East
- 2017-12-26[PDF] God and the Folly of Faith: The Incompatibility of Science and Religion
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Bourdieu on Religion: Imposing Faith and Legitimacy (Key Thinkers in the Study of Religion)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Faith and Will: Weathering the Storms in Our Spiritual Lives
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.