Date: December 2012
Posted on 2013-07-16, by ecabuk.
Business schools have long enticed students into their MBA programs with the promise that, after a short stint spent studying the ins and outs of the business world, they will be able to step right into the upper echelons of management or launch a business that soon has them flitting about the world in a private jet. “Sounds great,” you say. “Sign me up!”
Not so fast. Sure, business school might prove a necessary prerequisite for those aiming to gain employment at a large financial institution, land a job with a consultancy, or accelerate their journey to managerial superstardom at a Fortune 500 company. But for aspiring entrepreneurs and established business owners alike, the truth of the matter is this: The ability to get a business off the ground and running successfully is not the byproduct of toiling away in a classroom, learning esoteric subjects like the economics of competition. Rather, all it takes to start and run a truly successful business are a few sensible, time-proven techniques that have been needlessly forgotten in business innovators’ haste to reinvent the wheel. That’s why, in The Street Smart MBA, Steve Babitsky and James J. Mangraviti, Jr., encourage you to ditch class—or, better yet, ditch b-school altogether—and go back to the business basics with a series of ten simple steps that will do more for your company than the letters M, B, and A ever will.
There are no forays into game theory in The Street Smart MBA, no parables, and no intellectualizing. Instead what you will find is a practical, easy-to-understand, step-by-step business strategy guide that encourages you to revive a handful of basic yet essential practices that many business owners have lost sight of, such as:
- Building a brand that is so synonymous with quality that you’ll be able to maximize your company’s profits in no time;
- Turning your company’s products and services into profits by finding your company a niche, working with deadlines, and honoring your company’s image above all else;
- Dealing with customer complaints head-on so that you can turn gripes into opportunities;
- Doing favors, mentoring, and sending gifts, in order to grow your business network;
- And much more.
With its emphasis on ten simple yet time-honored principles that lead to business success, The Street Smart MBA is all the business education that entrepreneurs with great ideas and business owners with the drive to succeed will ever need.
What you’ll learn
- Practical, proven advice on building a brand that maximizes your company’s profits
- How to get people to help your company out and give you invaluable information (for free)
- Simple steps and checklists for developing products and services your company can profit from
- Marketing techniques that will turn your company’s services and products into profits
- Money-saving tactics that will save your company’s bottom line
- Practical pointers for minimizing your pain and maximizing your gain when managing people
Who this book is for
The Street Smart MBA is geared toward the tens of millions of businesspeople who own or run small, medium, and large businesses or are planning to do so in the future. Additionally, the book will appeal to college students and young professionals who are contemplating whether or not to attend business school; novice and seasoned entrepreneurs alike who want to position their new venture for business success; and even current undergraduate and MBA students who are thinking about starting up a company and have begun searching for an alternative business education that will help them do so.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Step 1: Build a Superb Brand
Chapter 2. Step 2: Grow and Tap Your Network
Chapter 3. Step 3: Develop Products Customers Love
Chapter 4. Step 4: Sell Your Products and Services Cost Effectively
Chapter 5. Step 5: Control Your Costs and Increase Your Productivity
Chapter 6. Step 6: Take Charge
Chapter 7. Recruit, Motivate, and Retain a Superior Workforce
Chapter 8. Deal with Customer Complaints Head-On
Chapter 9. Manage Yourself
Chapter 10. Become a Better Negotiator
- Ebooks list page : 22685
- 2014-06-04The Street Smart MBA: 10 Proven Strategies for Driving Business Success
- 2014-05-11The Street Smart MBA: 10 Proven Strategies for Driving Business Success (repost)
- 2014-05-10The Street Smart MBA
- 2013-12-23The Street Smart MBA
- 2013-02-07The Street Smart MBA: 10 Proven Strategies for Driving Business Success
- 2014-03-07The Street Smart Writer: Self Defense Against Sharks and Scams in the Writing World
- 2014-02-11The Street-Smart Trader: An insider's guide to the City
- 2013-07-24The Street Smart Writer: Self Defense Against Sharks and Scams in the Writing World (repost)
- 2011-07-13The Street Smart Writer
- 2009-11-08The Street Smart Writer: Self Defense Against Sharks and Scams in the Writing World
- 2011-06-02Street Smart: The New York of Lumet, Allen, Scorsese, and Lee
- 2016-12-27[PDF] The WSJ Guide to the 50 Economic Indicators That Really Matter: From Big Macs to 'Zombie Banks,' the Indicators Smart Investors Watch to Beat the Market (The Wall Street Journal)
- 2013-02-05The Knack: How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up (repost) - Removed
- 2012-09-22The Knack: How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up
- 2011-10-26The Knack: How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up
- 2011-08-23Street Smart Sustainability: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Profitably Greening Your Organization's DNA (Social Venture Network)
- 2011-05-15The Knack: How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up [Audiobook]
- 2011-03-25Street Smart Sustainability: The Entrepreneur's Guide to Profitably Greening Your Organization's DNA
- 2010-09-09Street Smart: Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield for Urban Operations
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.