Posted on 2019-03-24, by nokia241186.
The Watery Grave: The Life and Death of the Cruiser HMS Manchester by Richard H. Osborne
English | January 19, 2016 | ISBN: 1473845858 | 256 pages | EPUB | 14 Mb
In 2002 the wreck of a British cruiser was located by divers off the coast of Tunisia. The stunning photographs of the wreck inspired Dr Richard Osborne to delve into the controversy surrounding the loss of one of the Royal Navy's proudest ships - HMS Manchester.
After taking part in the Norway campaign of 1940, Manchester was sent to the Mediterranean, where she was involved in the dangerous Malta convoys. On her first convoy she was struck by a torpedo and badly damaged. In danger of sinking at any minute, her skipper, Captain Harold Drew, managed to save his ship.
Her next operation was to prove her last. In Operation Pedestal, the vital Malta relief convoy, Manchester was again hit by a torpedo. This time, rather than risk the lives of his crew Drew decided to scuttle his ship. For this Drew was court-martialed in what would become the longest such case in the history of the Royal Navy.
Using the testimony of those involved, the highly respected naval historian Dr Osborne pieces together one of the most intriguing stories to emerge from the Second World War. Coupled with photographs of the wreck and a detailed account of its discovery, The Watery Grave: The Life and Death of HMS Manchester, will shed new light on this remarkable tale.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 39966
- 2019-03-21The Watery Grave The Life and Death of the Cruiser HMS Manchester
- 2019-03-18The Watery Grave The Life and Death of the Cruiser HMS Manchester
- 2019-03-06The Watery Grave The Life and Death of the Cruiser HMS Manchester
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The Watery Grave: The Life and Death of the Cruiser HMS Manchester
- 2019-07-31!@(Nice) - Why You Should Read The Ukrainian and Russian Notebooks: Life and Death Under Soviet Rule by Igort Online or Download [#PDF #EPUB #MOBI]
- 2019-07-29#$(Favorable) - Why You Should Read Where the Water Goes: Life and Death Along the Colorado River by David Owen Online or Download [^PDF ^EPUB ^MOBI]
- 2019-07-11The Last Tsar: The Life and Death of Nicholas II
- 2019-07-02Life and Death in the Central Highlands
- 2019-07-02Drug Lord The True Story of Pablo Acosta The Life and Death of a Mexican Kingpin [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-06The Twice-Born Life and Death on the Ganges - Removed
- 2019-02-23One in a Thousand The Life and Death of Captain Eddie McKay, Royal Flying Corps
- 2019-01-30No Turning Back The Life and Death of Animal Species
- 2019-01-28One in a Thousand The Life and Death of Captain Eddie McKay, Royal Flying Corps
- 2019-01-24The Perfect Heresy The Life and Death of the Cathars
- 2019-01-15The Toltec Art of Life and Death [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-15Bitterroot The Life and Death of Meriwether Lewis [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-12No Turning Back The Life and Death of Animal Species
- 2019-01-11Bitterroot The Life and Death of Meriwether Lewis [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-11The Toltec Art of Life and Death [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.