Posted on 2018-08-11, by voska89.
Title: At Weddings
Year Of Release: 2018
Label: Saddle Creek
Genre: Folk, Indie, Singer-Songwriter
Quality: Mp3 320 kbps / FLAC (tracks)
Total Time: 43:26 min
Total Size: 99 / 224 MB
01. Any Other Way 03:22
02. Untitled 1 04:51
03. Tornado 03:36
04. You Are Here 03:44
05. A Video Game 05:12
06. I'm Not Scared 04:52
07. Seventeen 04:31
08. Self-Help 03:17
09. Untitled 2 04:36
10. February 05:20
On her deeply moving debut album At Weddings, Sarah Beth Tomberlin writes with the clarity and wisdom of an artist well beyond her years. Immeasurable space circulates within the album's ten songs, which set Tomberlin's searching voice against lush backdrops of piano and guitar. Like Julien Baker and Sufjan Stevens, she has a knack for transforming the personal into parable. Like Grouper, she has a feel for the transcendent within the ordinary.
Born in Jacksonville, Florida, and now based in Louisville, Kentucky, Tomberlin wrote most of At Weddings while living with her family in southern Illinois during her late teens and early twenties. At 16, she finished her homeschooling curriculum and went to college at a private Christian school she describes, only half-jokingly, as a "cult." By 17, she had dropped out of school, returned home, and begun to face a period of difficult transition in her life. The daughter of a Baptist pastor, Tomberlin found herself questioning not only her faith, but her identity, her purpose, and her place in the world.
"I was working, going to school, and experiencing heavy isolation," Tomberlin says of the time when she first began writing the songs on At Weddings. "It felt monotonous, like endless nothingness. It was a means to get through to the next step of life." In songwriting, Tomberlin found relief and lucidity she had trouble articulating otherwise. When she was 19, she wrote "Tornado" on her parents' piano, and began to develop confidence in her music. A year later, she had written enough songs to fill an album.
Throughout At Weddings, Tomberlin's lyrics yearn for stability and belonging, a near-universal desire among young people learning to define themselves on their own terms for the first time. "I am a tornado with big green eyes and a heartbeat," she sings on "Tornado," her voice stretching to the top of her range. Rich, idiosyncratic imagery - a fly killed with a self-help book, brown paper bags slashed violently open, clouds that weep over a lost love - sidle up to profound realizations about learning to be alive in this world. "To be a woman is to be in pain," Tomberlin notes on "I'm Not Scared." On "A Video Game," she muses, "I wish I was a hero with something beautiful to say."
Tomberlin cites the hymns she grew up singing in church as her greatest musical influence, and while At Weddings in many ways documents the unlearning of her childhood faith, it's easy to hear the reverential quality of sacred music in her songs. "A lot of hymns talk about really crazy stuff - being saved from the depths and the mire, judgment. When you actually realize what you're singing, it becomes really overwhelming," Tomberlin says. "I grew up singing in church. I was still helping to lead worship when I started coming to terms with the realization that I didn't know if I believed. I felt nauseous and shaky reading these words I was singing and feeling their intensity. If I did believe this, how could I sing these words without being scared out of my mind? That's what's influenced how I write."
At Weddings is laden with reverence for music itself, for the power it has to heal others and help people navigate their lives. It is a record about learning to love oneself and others without reservation, from a place of deep sincerity - a lifelong challenge whose tribulations Tomberlin articulates beautifully. "My number one goal with my music is for honesty and transparency that helps other people find ways to exist," she says. With At Weddings, this remarkable young songwriter offers up comfort and wonder in equal measure.
Download ( NitroFlare )
Download ( Rapidgator )
- Ebooks list page : 36920
- 2018-12-215 Weddings 2018 720p WEB-HD H264-DUS
- 2018-12-215 Weddings 2018 1080p WEB-HD H264-DUS
- 2018-11-225 Weddings 2018 1CD pDVDRip x264-DDR
- 2018-11-225 Weddings 2018 1CD pDVDRip x264-DDR
- 2018-06-29The City Weddings 2018
- 2019-01-25Hong Kong Tatler Weddings - December 2018
- 2019-01-24The Knot Georgia Weddings Magazine - December 2018
- 2019-01-16The Knot DC & Maryland Weddings Magazine - December 2018
- 2019-01-15Hawaii Weddings & Honeymoon Escapes Magazine - December 15, 2018
- 2019-01-15The Knot Florida Weddings Magazine - December 2018
- 2019-01-11Premier Weddings of New York - Winter 2018/2019
- 2019-01-11The Knot Florida Weddings Magazine - December 2018
- 2019-01-10The Knot Georgia Weddings Magazine - December 2018
- 2019-01-10The Knot DC & Maryland Weddings Magazine - December 2018
- 2018-12-26The Knot Georgia Weddings Magazine - December 2018
- 2018-12-26The Knot Florida Weddings Magazine - December 2018
- 2018-12-21Hong Kong Tatler Weddings - December 2018
- 2018-12-20Hong Kong Tatler Weddings - Winter 2018
- 2018-12-20Hawaii Weddings & Honeymoon Escapes Magazine - December 15, 2018
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.