Posted on 2014-06-07. By anonymous.
English | ISBN: 0262014947 | 2011 | PDF | 424 pages | 28,7 MB
To the extent that Chinese contemporary art has become a global phenomenon, it is largely through the groundbreaking exhibitions curated by Gao Minglu: "China/Avant-Garde" (Beijing, 1989), "InsideOut: New Chinese Art" (Asia Society, New York, 1998), and "TheWall: Reshaping Contemporary Chinese Art" (Albright-Knox Art Gallery,2005) among them.
As the first Chinese writer to articulate a distinctively Chinese avant-gardism and modernity -- one notdefined by Western chronology or formalism -- Gao Minglu is largelyresponsible for the visibility of Chinese art in the global art scene today. Contemporary Chinese artists tend to navigate between extremes, either embracing or rejecting a rich classical tradition. Indeed, for Chinese artists, the term "modernity" refers not to a new epoch or aesthetic but to a new nation -- modernityinextricably connects politics to art. It is this notion of "totalmodernity" that forms the foundation of the Chinese avant-gardeaesthetic, and of this book.
Gao examines the many ways Chineseartists engaged withthis intrinsic total modernity, including the '85 Movement, politicalpop, cynical realism, apartment art,maximalism, and the museum age, encompassing the emergenceof local art museums and organizations as well as such major events as theShanghai Biennial. He describes the inner logic of the Chinese context whilelocating the art within the framework of a worldwide avant-garde. He vividlydescribes the Chinese avant-garde's embrace of a modernity that unifiespolitics, aesthetics, and social life, blurring the boundaries betweenabstraction, conception, and representation. Lavishly illustrated with colorimages throughout, this book will be a touchstone for all considerations ofChinese contemporary art.
- Ebooks list page : 27459
- 2012-02-19Total Modernity and the Avant-Garde in Twentieth-Century Chinese Art - Minglu Gao
- 2013-01-17Total Modernity and the Avant Garde in Twentieth Century Chinese Art
- 2011-11-09Minglu Gao, "Total Modernity and the Avant-Garde in Twentieth-Century Chinese Art"
- 2011-11-03Total Modernity and the Avant-Garde in Twentieth-Century Chinese Art
- 2011-11-21Gary Laderman, "Rest in Peace: A Cultural History of Death and the Funeral Home in Twentieth-Century America" (Repost)
- 2011-05-06"Rest in Peace: A Cultural History of Death and the Funeral Home in Twentieth-Century America" (Repost)
- 2010-05-12Tom Villis - Reaction and the Avant-Garde: The Revolt Against Liberal Democracy in Early Twentieth-Century Brtiain - Removed
- 2019-01-15Stefan Wolpe and the Avant-Garde Diaspora
- 2019-01-10Stefan Wolpe and the Avant-Garde Diaspora
- 2019-01-06Stefan Wolpe and the Avant-Garde Diaspora
- 2018-12-30In the Shadow of Yalta Art and the Avant-garde in Eastern Europe, 1945-1989
- 2018-12-28In the Shadow of Yalta Art and the Avant-garde in Eastern Europe, 1945-1989
- 2018-12-28Afromodernisms Paris, Harlem and the Avant-Garde
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Adaptation and the Avant-Garde: Alternative Perspectives on Adaptation Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Imagining Marketing: Art, Aesthetics and the Avant-Garde (Routledge Interpretive Marketing Research)
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Army Film and the Avant Garde: Cinema and Experiment in the Czechoslovak Military
- 2017-11-30[PDF] In the Shadow of Yalta: Art and the Avant-garde in Eastern Europe 1945-1989
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Afromodernisms: Paris, Harlem and the Avant-garde
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Revolutionary Time and the Avant-Garde
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.