Posted on 2018-05-16, by perica123.
Turbulent Empires: A History of Global Capitalism since 1945 by Mike Mason
English | April 9th, 2018 | ASIN: B07CK5KNYC, ISBN: 0773553215 | 336 Pages | EPUB | 1.09 MB
As Europe rebuilt after the devastation of the Second World War, the former colonies of the major imperial powers sought their independence at the same time that the United States extended its economic and political power globally. In Turbulent Empires Mike Mason analyzes the struggles for post-colonial sovereignty and economic domination and how these competing forces led to conflicts and shifting alliances around the postwar world.
Turbulent Empires surveys the major polities and economies of Africa, Asia, Latin America, Russia, and the West and traces the trajectory of nationalist ruling classes bent on exercising sovereign control over economic resources. It emphasizes the convulsions that brought about unanticipated realignments and shocking reversals, such as the rise and fall of regimes, continuous interventions in the Muslim world, the sudden collapse of the commodities supercycle, and the continuing challenge of inequality. By the second decade of the twenty-first century, the global economic crisis of 2008 raised the question of a new global order while the question of American decline, captured in the slogan "Make America Great Again," became commonplace.
Both erudite and accessibly written, Turbulent Empires provides an insightful and sweeping analysis of world political and economic history that is an ideal introduction to postwar political science, history, and development studies.
- Ebooks list page : 36187
- 2018-05-09Turbulent Empires: A History of Global Capitalism since 1945
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Last of the Empires: A History of the Soviet Union, 1945-1991 (OPUS)
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Last of the Empires: A History of the Soviet Union, 1945-1991 (OPUS)
- 2013-05-03Last of the Empires: A History of the Soviet Union, 1945-1991
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Empires at War: A Short History of Modern Asia Since World War II
- 2012-11-14Empires at War: A Short History of Modern Asia Since World War II (Repost)
- 2012-01-01Global Communications, International Affairs and the Media Since 1945 (The New International History) - Philip Taylor
- 2011-04-22Commodity Chains and Global Capitalism (Contributions in Economics & Economic History)
- 2010-12-19Empires at War: A Short History of Modern Asia Since World War II
- 2010-11-03Global Communications, International Affairs and the Media Since 1945 (New International History Series)
- 2018-05-13Music As Medicine The History of Music Therapy Since Antiquity
- 2018-04-12Can Democracy Survive Global Capitalism?
- 2018-02-01[PDF] A History of Western Society Since 1300 for Advanced Placement*
- 2018-01-28[PDF] World Food Security: A History since 1945
- 2018-01-25[PDF] A History of Western Society Since 1300
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Global Capitalism
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Nationalism in Asia: A History Since 1945
- 2018-01-07[PDF] An Economic History of the World since 1400 [Reduced]
- 2018-01-07[PDF] An Economic History of the World since 1400
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Disposable Women and Other Myths of Global Capitalism (Perspectives on Gender)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.