Posted on 2019-07-11, by voska89.
Turning Points in the History of Mathematics (Compact Textbooks in Mathematics) by Hardy Grant
English | April 16, 2016 | ISBN: 1493932632 | 120 pages | PDF | 3.28 Mb
This book explores some of the major turning points in the history of mathematics, ranging from ancient Greece to the present, demonstrating the drama that has often been a part of its evolution. Studying these breakthroughs, transitions, and revolutions, their stumbling-blocks and their triumphs, can help illuminate the importance of the history of mathematics for its teaching, learning, and appreciation.
Some of the turning points considered are the rise of the axiomatic method (most famously in Euclid), and the subsequent major changes in it (for example, by David Hilbert); the "wedding," via analytic geometry, of algebra and geometry; the "taming" of the infinitely small and the infinitely large; the passages from algebra to algebras, from geometry to geometries, and from arithmetic to arithmetics; and the revolutions in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries that resulted from Georg Cantor's creation of transfinite set theory. The origin of each turning point is discussed, along with the mathematicians involved and some of the mathematics that resulted. Problems and projects are included in each chapter to extend and increase understanding of the material. Substantial reference lists are also provided.
Turning Points in the History of Mathematics will be a valuable resource for teachers of, and students in, courses in mathematics or its history. The book should also be of interest to anyone with a background in mathematics who wishes to
learn more about the important moments in its development.
Without You And Your Support We Can't Continue
Thanks For Buying Premium From My Links For Support
Buy Premium From My Links To Get Resumable Support,Max Speed & Support Me
Download ( Rapidgator )
Download ( NitroFlare )
- Ebooks list page : 40855
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Turning Points in the History of Mathematics (Compact Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2019-03-07Turning Points in the History of Mathematics
- 2012-05-12The History of Mathematics: An Introduction, 7 Edition - Removed
- 2010-11-17Bernhard Riemann 1826-1866: Turning Points in the Conception of Mathematics
- 2017-12-29[PDF] 1177 B.C.: The Year Civilization Collapsed (Turning Points in Ancient History)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Drinking History: Fifteen Turning Points in the Making of American Beverages (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Eating History: Thirty Turning Points in the Making of American Cuisine (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Drinking History: Fifteen Turning Points in the Making of American Beverages (Arts and Traditions of the Table: Perspectives on Culinary History)
- 2014-02-24Drinking History: Fifteen Turning Points in the Making of American Beverages (Repost)
- 2013-09-21Eating History: Thirty Turning Points in the Making of American Cuisine
- 2013-09-20Drinking History: Fifteen Turning Points in the Making of American Beverages
- 2011-12-03The History Boys (BBC Audio)
- 2011-08-30The History Boys [Full Cast Play]
- 2011-05-19Equations from God: Pure Mathematics and Victorian Faith (Johns Hopkins Studies in the History of Mathematics)
- 2008-03-16The History of Mathematics - An Introduction - Removed
- 2019-03-07The Math Book: From Pythagoras to the 57th Dimension, 250 Milestones in the History of Mathematics
- 2018-12-01Turning Points in American History
- 2018-12-01Turning Points in American History 2018
- 2018-11-02Turning Points in American History
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.