Author: David Cook
Publisher: University of California Press
Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2011-12-11, by LionFar.
Publisher:University of California Press
|Description:Jihad is one of the most loaded and misunderstood terms in the news today. Contrary to popular understanding, the term does not mean "holy war." Nor does it simply refer to the inner spiritual struggle. This book, judiciously balanced, accessibly written, and highly relevant to today's events, unravels the tangled historical, intellectual, and political meanings of jihad. Looking closely at a range of sources from sacred Islamic texts to modern interpretations, Understanding Jihad opens a critically important perspective on the role of Islam in the contemporary world.
As David Cook traces the practical and theoretical meanings of jihad, he cites from scriptural, legal, and newly translated texts to give readers a taste of the often ambiguous information that is used to construct Islamic doctrine. He looks closely at the life and teaching of the Prophet Muhammad and at the ramifications of the great Islamic conquests in 634 to 732 A.D. He sheds light on legal developments relevant to fighting and warfare, and places the internal, spiritual jihad within the larger context of Islamic religion. He describes some of the conflicts that occur in radical groups and shows how the more mainstream supporters of these groups have come to understand and justify violence. He has also included a special appendix of relevant documents including materials related to the September 11 attacks and published manifestoes issued by Osama bin Laden and Palestinian suicide-martyrs.
Download Understanding Jihad
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 16043
- 2018-08-08Understanding Jihad, 2nd Edition
- 2009-07-25Understanding Jihad
- 2009-07-24Understanding Jihad
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Inside Jihad: Understanding and Confronting Radical Islam
- 2012-04-19Understanding Carbon Capture and Storage Potential In Indonesia
- 2012-03-16Understanding Digital Humanities - Removed
- 2012-03-14Understanding Regulation: Theory, Strategy, and Practice By Robert Baldwin, Martin Cave, Martin Lodge
- 2012-03-11Understanding Computational Bayesian Statistics By William M. Bolstad
- 2012-03-08Understanding Asset Allocation: An Intuitive Approach to Maximizing Your Portfolio
- 2011-12-29From Power Struggles to Sustainable Peace: Understanding Political Settlements
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2011-10-27Understanding Finance Super Series
- 2011-10-04Fred Sokolow - Playing & Understanding Jazz Guitar
- 2011-10-03Roman's Lab Vol. 85 - Understanding The Concept Of the Middlegame Based on Opening Strategy
- 2011-09-17Moving Images: Making Movies, Understanding Media
- 2011-09-07From Power Struggles to Sustainable Peace: Understanding Political Settlements
- 2011-08-31Design for Product Understanding: the Aesthetics of Design from a Semiotic Approach
- 2011-08-16"Understanding Analysis" by Stephen Abbott
- 2019-08-20Understanding the NLP Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.