Posted on 2019-03-25, by nokia241186.
Understanding Multiculturalism: The Habsburg Central European Experience (Austrian and Habsburg Studies) by Johannes Feichtinger and Gary B. Cohen
English | 2014 | ISBN: 178238264X, 1785333445 | 258 pages | PDF | 3 MB
Multiculturalism has long been linked to calls for tolerance of cultural diversity, but today many observers are subjecting the concept to close scrutiny. After the political upheavals of 1968, the commitment to multiculturalism was perceived as a liberal manifesto, but in the post-9/11 era, it is under attack for its relativizing, particularist, and essentializing implications. The essays in this collection offer a nuanced analysis of the multifaceted cultural experience of Central Europe under the late Habsburg monarchy and beyond. The authors examine how culturally coded social spaces can be described and understood historically without adopting categories formerly employed to justify the definition and separation of groups into nations, ethnicities, or homogeneous cultures. As we consider the issues of multiculturalism this volume offers new approaches to understanding multiculturalism in Central Europe freed of the effects of politically exploited concepts of social spaces.
Johannes Feichtinger is a Senior Researcher at the Institute of Culture Studies and Theatre History of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, and teaches history at the University of Vienna. His publications include Wissenschaft zwischen den Kulturen. Österreichische Hochschullehrer in der Emigration 1933-1945 (2001) and Wissenschaft als reflexives Projekt. Von Bolzano über Freud zu Kelsen: Österreichische Wissenschaftsgeschichte 1848-1938 (2010). Gary B. Cohen is Professor of Modern Central European history at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, where he has also served as director of the Center for Austrian Studies (2001-2010) and chair of the Department of History (2010-2013). He is the author of The Politics of Ethnic Survival: Germans in Prague, 1861-1914 (1981; second rev. ed., 2006) and Education and Middle-Class Society in Imperial Austria, 1848-1918 (1996).
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 39973
- 2019-03-20Understanding Multiculturalism The Habsburg Central European Experience
- 2019-03-17Understanding Multiculturalism The Habsburg Central European Experience
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Understanding Multiculturalism: The Habsburg Central European Experience (Austrian and Habsburg Studies)
- 2016-09-24Understanding Multiculturalism The Habsburg Central European Experience
- 2011-10-28Coming Spring (Central European Classics)
- 2011-08-01Coming Spring (Central European Classics)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Prestate Societies of the North Central European Plains: 600-900 CE (SpringerBriefs in Anthropology / SpringerBriefs in Human Ecology) - Removed
- 2010-08-26Monetary and Financial Integration in East Asia: The Relevance of European Experience
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Female, Jewish, and Educated: The Lives of Central European University Women (Modern Jewish Experience)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Female, Jewish, and Educated: The Lives of Central European University Women (Modern Jewish Experience)
- 2012-06-03The Sherman at War: (2) The US Army in the European Theater 1943-45 (Concord 7036)
- 2019-08-27Held Captive by Gas The Price of Politics in Gazprom's Long-Term Contracts with Central European ... - Removed
- 2019-07-10East Central European Migrations During the Cold War A Handbook
- 2019-02-23Development of the Settlement Network in the Central European Countries Past, Present, and Future
- 2019-01-31Development of the Settlement Network in the Central European Countries Past, Present, and Future
- 2019-01-25Inclusion of Central European Countries in the European Monetary Union - Removed
- 2019-01-10Inclusion of Central European Countries in the European Monetary Union
- 2019-01-10Capacity Building in Technology Transfer The European Experience
- 2018-12-27Inclusion of Central European Countries in the European Monetary Union
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.