Posted on 2018-06-11, updated at 2018-06-24, by nokia241186.
Simone Sandholz, "Urban Centres in Asia and Latin America: Heritage and Identities in Changing Urban Landscapes"
English | 2016 | ISBN: 3319437348 | PDF | pages: 397 | 11.1 mb
This book presents an overview of the challenges that cities in Latin America and Asia are facing regarding the preservation of their tangible and intangible heritage. It argues that urban heritage has a value that transcends the mere object's value, constituting a crucial source of identity for urban inhabitants. The same is true for the urban intangible values and practices that are often associated with places or buildings. The empirical research is based on case studies of Kathmandu in Nepal, Yogyakarta in Indonesia and Recife in Brazil; three cities that still comprise core areas with a high percentage of historic fabric and distinctive cultural expressions.
The comparative study of the three areas reveals the similarities and differences of urban conservation policies, past and present upgrading strategies in the core areas, and the importance of tangible and intangible heritage. All three cities demonstrate that urban heritage, habits and beliefs are still of importance to the population. While there are significant differences in the kind and level of protection the respective legal system provides, partly uncontrolled urban dynamics pose a threat to all of them.
The text is based on a PhD thesis submitted to the Institute of Geography, University of Innsbruck, Austria.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36423
- 2018-06-24Urban Centres in Asia and Latin America Heritage and Identities in Changing Urban Landscapes
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Urban Centres in Asia and Latin America :Heritage and Identities in Changing Urban Landscapes
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Managing Water Resources under Climate Uncertainty: Examples from Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Australia (Springer Water)
- 2010-07-13Cocaine Trafficking in Latin America (Global Security in a Changing World)
- 2009-06-19Cocaine Trafficking in Latin America (Global Security in a Changing World)
- 2019-01-24Miles & Miles A Lifetime of Travel in Asia and Latin America [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-11Miles & Miles A Lifetime of Travel in Asia and Latin America [Audiobook]
- 2018-11-01Neoliberalism and Urban Development in Latin America The Case of Santiago
- 2018-08-07Neoliberalism and Urban Development in Latin America The Case of Santiago
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Land Tenure, Gender, and Globalization: Research and Analysis from Africa, Asia, and Latin America
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Legalising Land Rights: Local Practices, State Responses and Tenure Security in Africa, Asia and Latin America (Law, Governance, and Development Research)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Cities From Scratch: Poverty and Informality in Urban Latin America
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Cities, Business, and the Politics of Urban Violence in Latin America
- 2018-01-04[PDF] World Class Worldwide: Transforming Research Universities in Asia and Latin America
- 2017-11-30[PDF] The Sexual History of the Global South: Sexual Politics in Africa, Asia and Latin America
- 2017-10-06[PDF] China on the Ground in Latin America: Challenges for the Chinese and Impacts on the Region (The Political Economy of East Asia)
- 2014-02-06World Class Worldwide: Transforming Research Universities in Asia and Latin America
- 2011-10-24Political Conflict and Development in East Asia and Latin America (Routledge Studies in Development and Society)
- 2011-07-31Political Conflict and Development in East Asia and Latin America (Routledge Studies in Development and Society)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.